Sunday, October 4, 2009

Big News & SSCC Challenge #7 - Psalm 97:1

Hey y'all!

I have some wonderful news to share with you today. I've actually been bursting at the seams to announce it because I am so excited.


I truly believe that God works in all aspects of our lives, even our hobbies and interests. So, I believe that it is a blessing from above for me to be able to be a part of this team.

The ladies at SSCC have a wonderful purpose - to create cards inspired by the word of God. I am honored to do the same. I pray that I will use this blessing to glorify God and to share my love for my sweet Jesus with others.

Now, it's time for this week's challenge!

Our sponsor this week is Verve Stamps. They have some amazing stamps that I've had my eye on for quite some time. They have offered a gorgeous stamp set for one random player in the challenge this week.

Kristine is our host this week and she chose this verse:

The Lord reigns, let the earth rejoice!, let the distant shores be glad!" Psalm 97:1

Her challenge to us is to create a card that shows the earth rejoicing. For example, flowers blooming, trees bearing fruit, mountains, etc. Here's my card.

Products: Unity stamp, BasicGrey papers, Fiskars Threading Water punch, Stickles, StazOn ink

I love the verse that Kristine chose this week because it makes me think about all of the wonders I see each day. Sometimes I just see a beautiful landscape, a colorful sunset, or even a newly bloomed flower and it makes me stop and think about how amazing God is. All of those little things are reminders of his love for us. Even the sunrise each day makes me think about how God loves us so much that he is giving us one more day to live for him. We are so blessed to have all of these creations. My prayer for us today is that we will never take them for granted. Let us rejoice!

We would love to have all of you hop over and see all of the design team's creations and we would especially love for you to join us this week in the challenge. Hopefully, you will be blessed by visiting.

Blessings,

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Candace!! Congrats again!! I am so excited for you!! Blessings and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card with vibrant colors Candace! :) Love the sparklies in the centers. You have a wonderful way with words and it just warmed my heart and made me smile to read your post today!! Big HugsxXx Have a JOYOUS day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Candace. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candace, again my heart overflows. I am so glad you're on our team! Your post is moving and inspiring. I feel the same way when I take in God's beauty all around us, every single day. Rejoice indeed!

    Your card is perfect! Are the petals sparkly? I love sparkle! And I love flowers!

    Hugs and smiles,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an honor, a big congratulations to you.....your cards are fabulous...blessings!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely Candace. Those are some of my favorite flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Candace,

    thanks for stopping by my blog to check out my card. It was weird how I made that card today and then found the stampinsisters blog!!! Or maybe it was God's way of getting me to you wonderfully inspiring ladies...HE is funny that way =)

    I have been looking for some way to combine my love for paper and my love for GOd....I have been wanting to make cards to donate to my church, but didnt think they were good enough....so I found that stamp set at Joann's and have been practicing!!!

    I am going to love checking out your's and all the designer's blogs for inspiration.

    thank you so much and have a blessed day,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I love it! Congrats on making the SSCC team! I look forward to working with you on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! and I can see why!! your work is beautiful!! thankyou for your inspiration. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. just catching up on my big weekend. I am excited to be sharing this title with you. Plus I want to hear all about school. I used to teach 6th grade and I get homesick or is it schoolsick. I hope your week is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the stamp you used! Your card is so pretty,
    Blessings!
    -H

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)