Monday, October 19, 2009

More Christmas Cards

Hi again! Yesterday I shared a card with you for our Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge this week. Lisa's Christmas card challenge put me in the Christmas spirit and I've made several cards with that beautiful Taylored Expressions Christmas Blessings stamp set. I truly love Christmas...not just the holiday, but that whole time of year. I love doing things for others and being with family, and keeping my Jesus close to my heart. Lisa wrote a beautiful post about keeping our hearts and minds focused on the true meaning of Christmas over at the SSCC blog. If you haven't already, hop over there and read it.

Here are a few of the cards I've been making. You'll notice that they all are mostly the same design, though I did change up the patterened papers a little bit. I am in LOVE with this stamp set. I'll be using it on all of my Christmas cards this year. I'll be swapping Christmas cards with my Sassy Blinging Babe friends over at scrapbook.com, so I've been trying to find a design I liked enough to replicate it 17 times. I think this first card is what I'm going to use.

These beautiful wintery-blue papers are from the My Mind's Eye Christmas stack. They had to grow on me. I'm more of a traditionalist and I really wanted to use reds and greens, but once I finished this card, I knew I loved these vintage-looking colors. Also, I'm getting a little better at tying my bows and I really loved how the white bow turned out in this one.

These next two cards were made with papers from the SEI Christmas Mint collection. On the first one, I used red stickles to color the berries. I didn't do that on the above card because I thought the red would stand out too much.


Speaking of Christmas and all things red, remember the lemon cookie recipe I shared with you last week? Well, I used that recipe again on Friday, only this time instead of a lemon cake mix, I used a red velvet. Mmm...red velvet is one of my favorites. I also made some homemade cream cheese icing and frosted them. They were delicious. For Christmastime, you could do that and put some Christmas sprinkles on top. That would be really festive. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture to share with you.

I had a wonderful weekend. The weather was cool...definitely fall-ish. Thank God for that! Mama, Aaron, and I went shopping. I found a lot of great deals and got some new clothes for fall. Mama cooked a big pot of homemade vegetable soup...definite comfort food and perfect for a cool day. Yum.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope that I've inspired you in some way.

7 comments:

  1. You've definitely inspired me, Candace! All three are beautiful, but I think I like the first one the best. That vintage look is really cool with that stamp. Way to go!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, very beautiful! I love the colors! Awesome cards!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your beautiful Christmas cards
    and, yes, that white bow is tied beautifully. I love the papers on all these cards...just gorgeous! Wonderful stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all too gorgeous Candace. i will get into the Christmas spirit soon. Looking at your cards inspire me o jump in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candace the two new peace cards you added are beautiful. I especially love the blue and brown one with such a vintage look. Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)