Sunday, October 25, 2009

{SSCC #10} 1 Chronicles 16:34

Happy Sunday! Thanks for stopping by today. We have a new challenge up today over at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges. Our host this week is Laurie and we are being sponsored by Rubber Stamp Shack.

Scripture:
“Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.” 1 Chronicles 16:34

My design team sisters have been picking some awesome verses for the challenges and Laurie's choice this week is no different. Our Lord is SO good to us. He treats me better than I deserve. Not only is he so wonderfully merciful and good, but he has blessed my life with people who are also good to me. I don't thank people, including God, enough for what they have done for me. Laurie's challenge this week gave me the perfect opportunity to show my thankfulness.

Challenge:
Make a card that expresses your thankfulness for someone or something they have done, or make a card that encourages someone to be thankful.

Here is my card. I must say that I felt like I was being a traitor to fall with all of these bright, summery colors. However, I wanted to use some BasicGrey scraps and I suppose I was just in a bright and cheery mood that day. :)



I hope you'll pop over to the SSCC blog and see what the ladies have to show you for inspiration today. We'd love to have you participate in the challenge this week! As always, there's a prize up for grabs for one random participant. :)

Have a great Sunday!

11 comments:

  1. A very pretty and cheery card. Really nice image like it in the pink. Your choice of dps are a great combo. The black just sets it off perfectly. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card Candace. It's very pretty and I love pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I happen to LOOOVE your bright cheery color scheme Candace and all your edge distressing is SUPER cool. I don't even have a tool to do that, but I just love that look! Great image and love the way you cut apart the letters in Thanks! :) Great job!

    Thanks so much for you wonderful comment on my card. :) and Yes, feel free to use my wordage (? Ha) to make a card for YOUR pastor. I'm sure he will appreciate it!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think all the bright summer colors look wonderful and happy! We were just commenting on how bright the colors of the leaves are on the trees, the mums, and your card captures the summer/Fall transition we're in very well. Great card for the challenge, it makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card!!! Love your style and color schemes!!

    Blessings,
    LORi BOYD

    http://byloridesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your card the moment I saw it! Such beautiful colors and design. Bravo!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is no season laws for bright and cheery!! LOL I love it .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that Urban Prairie dp by Basic Grey! The pink of your image is perfectly matched.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Candace! I love the contrast of the black bow with the other colors of the card. That stamp is so pretty, too.
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)