Sunday, October 11, 2009

{SSCC #8} Jeremiah 1:5

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my blog today. We have a new challenge going on this week over at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges. Kathy is our host and our sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp.

Scripture:
"I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb." - Jeremiah 1:5

I love this verse that Kathy chose this week. It reminds me that God is all-knowing. He is so powerful that he even knew us before we were even created. He knows our past, our present, and our future. That's incomprehensible to me. Just the other day I was thinking about God's power and how God knows all of us, how he knows just what we need, and how he protects us every day. My mind got all boggled up just trying to imagine how amazing our God is. He is truly AWESOME.

This verse also shows that God is the creator of life. Babies are precious miracles and we all know that the Almighty has the power to perform miracles. He shows us his power each time a new life enters this world.

My personal prayer this week is that all parents will realize what a blessing their children are.

Challenge:
The challenge this week is to make a baby card or other item for a new baby or expecting parents. You can even get creative and try a shaped card, etc.

Here's my card for the challenge. I didn't have any baby stamps so I used this sentiment and I embossed the patterned papers (BasicGrey Sugared collection) with the Baby folder and the Swiss Dots folder. I LOVE the sentiment I used. Isn't it so true?


If you haven't already, I hope you will stop by the SSCC blog and check out the design team's beautiful creations. They are sure to inspire you. We'd love to have you play along in our challenge this week. One random winner will win this adorable set of stamps from this week's sponsor, Simon Says Stamp.

Isn't it cute? I'd like to have that set myself. :)

Again, thanks for checking out my blog today. I hope you have a blessed Sunday!

8 comments:

  1. love the card! pinks and browns are my favorite combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is adorable, love the sentiment!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card Candace and I just love what you said here. It's awesome to think about God knowing us before we were even born! :) Fun textures and colors for a sweet baby card. :)

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Babies are blessings, children too as they grow! And the man who has a quiverful is blessed . . . I need to add a few more in that case. :) Great reminder to cherish our families. I like the choice of paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Candace...Love the dp for your card and the cute sentiment, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the big bow! Pink and brown add to the stunning beauty of your sweet baby card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is WAY CUTE! I love the colors and the sentiment is precious! It's very eye catching!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzers! Great creatures and color combos.
    Keep Looking Up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)