Sunday, October 18, 2009

{SSCC #9} Luke 2:11

It's Sunday so that means it's time for another challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ. Lisa is our host this week. I am so excited about this week's challenge for several reasons.

First, Lisa is our host this week and she chose a Christmas-themed verse. I've really been getting into the Christmas spirit (even though it's still October), and I loved being able to work on a Christmas card for this challenge.

Secondly, we are being sponsored this week by Taylored Expressions! I am new to Taylored Expressions. I found them a few weeks ago while hopping around on Lisa's blog. First, I found their blog and was awed at their creations and then....I found the store! It was love at first click.

I had been searching for the *perfect* stamp set to make Christmas cards with this year. I had my eye on a few different sets from other companies but hadn't made a purchase yet because it just wasn't right. I wanted something classically religious. I didn't want modern, or cute, or glitzy. I just wanted JESUS. Without even looking, it's like I was led right to their Christmas Blessings stamp set. I knew right away that it was the stamp set I had been searching for all along. They have some adorable things in their store. So, if you aren't familiar with Taylored Expressions, go check them out right now!

When I ordered those stamps and made my card for this challenge, I had no idea who our sponsor or guest designer was this week. I am so happy that we have the owner, Taylor VanBruggen, as our guest designer this week! Taylor is generously offering the Christmas Blessings stamp set to one random winner of the challenge this week.

Now, enough of my blabbering and onto the challenge.

Scripture:
Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11

There is so much awesome wonder in that one short verse. God sent his only son to Earth to be born just so that we might LIVE. I pray that we remember the true meaning of Christmas this year, and not only on Christmas, but that we may celebrate and honor the birth of Christ all year long.

Challenge:
Lisa's challenge to us this week is to make a card or project featuring the nativity or other religious theme about Christ's birth.

Here is my card for the challenge.

I hope you'll hop over to the SSCC blog and see the Christmas-inspired creations our design team has in store for you today. We'd love to have you join us in our challenge, too!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Candace, this is BEAUTIFUL!! I love this TE set as well and am enjoying everyone's cards! That's so fun that several of our team used this same set! I hate to admit that I don't even own any TE stamps...yet! But I do love them. Your DP and everything here goes so well together. Gorgeous Christmas card. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candace, I feel the same way as you do about TE. have you checked out Our Daily Bread designs? They are one of my favs too.

    Your card is stunning. I love the design you used as it compliments the image so well.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candace this is beautiful I love the black and red you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great minds think alike, Candace! I love your blog post. I'm glad you found Taylored Expressions... you must also try her Key Ingredients kits. Awesome!!!

    I think I'm going to use my sample card for one of my Christmas cards this year. It really is pretty simple to make and has just the right message!

    Do you have a little Janome Sew Mini? If you love to stitch on cards, I highly recommend it. It keeps your paper straight while you stitch... very easy to use!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. You created a beauty with this stamp set, it caught my eye right away. And it is completely Christ focused, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card Candace! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Candace, this card is just perfect for the challenge and you did such a wonderful job. This is a Christmas card that truly gives the
    "reason for the season". Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)