Tuesday, November 17, 2009

One Card = Two Challenges

I have a card to share today, and it's a style different from what I'm used to making. I tend to lean towards bright colors and girly things. I'm not sure if I'm very happy with the way this card turned out, but this is try #2. I trashed the first version.

I was asked to make a card for a little boy who is turning 3 years old. His party theme is Thomas the Tank Engine. I found this cute little digi Thomas online and colored him in with Stampin' Up watercolor pencils.

I made this card using this week's Mojo Monday sketch and I am also entering it in the Cupcake Crafts Challenge this week. The challenge over there is to use a digi stamp on your card.

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you're having a GREAT week! :)

7 comments:

  1. This is a great card!!! Perfect for a guy that age who's all about that character. Good research find!! It's adorable and you did a great job coloring with the pencils!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous is this card i know lots of little boys that would love this one, thansk for playing along with us at cupcake this week hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candace, this card turned out great! I'm glad you found what you were looking for! It's perfect!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY, you did it Candace!! This turned out PERFECT! :) OH, I just know he'll love it and so will his mom! LOL - great job with the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Candace, what a cute card. The image is adorable and your colouring is fab. The layout is perfect. Thanks for joining in with my theme of 'digital' over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabbilicous card, love the gorgeous colours and layout! Thanks for joining in the digi image fun at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous card, perfect for this week's challenge. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)