Sunday, November 1, 2009

{SSCC #11} Deuteronomy 31:8

Hi there! It's Sunday, so that means there's a new challenge up at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges. Pamela is our host this week and we are being sponsored by Cornish Heritage Farms.

I'll be honest with you. Prior to this week, I had never heard of Cornish Heritage Farms. That's the awesome part about being involved with SSCC. Not only do I get the chance to work with an amazing group of ladies and glorify God through my paper-crafting, but I also find lots of new places to shop! :) So, of course I Googled CHF...at first I was very confused because everything that came up said "Congestive Heart Failure." LOL! Then I tried CHF stamps. Jackpot!

After browsing their store, I found that they not only have stamps, but they also have cardstock, inks, and all sorts of tools. They have lots of rare stamps in stock, such as Elvis Presley stamps. Hop on over there and check out CHF. They will also be offering a stamp set to one random winner of the challenge this week.

Scripture
"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8

This verse that Pamela chose makes me think of all the times in my life that I have been afraid of something. There was never any reason to fear. If I have faith, then I won't have fear. I definitely need to work on improving my faith, and also believing that God will truly take care of me if I give everything to him. He will always be with us. That is such a comforting thought. This is the perfect verse to encourage someone when they are feeling down, or just need a little boost of encouragement. I chose to use this verse on my card.

Challenge
Create something about when God is "unseen". For example, a scrapbook layout that reminds you that God is always with you, a card to encourage a friend and remind them that God is with them, or something to hang on your wall.

Pamela has given us so much versatility with this challenge. You are not limited to making a card...just think of the possiblities out there!

Here is a very simple design that I came up with. I wanted to play with my new BasicGrey Indian Summer paper, as well as my new sewing machine. I'm getting a little better at the sewing.

I hope you'll join us this week at SSCC. We would love to have you participate in the challenge. Bring your friends! I am positive that you will enjoy it!

Before I go, I'd like to share a picture that I took last weekend. I had my window opened because it was a beautiful day outside. I noticed this beauty perched on the screen so I went outside to take a picture of it. He (or she) stayed perched there on the screen for about 10 minutes and was the perfect model for pictures. :) Here's some evidence of God's beautiful creations.


Have a beautiful day! Happy November!

9 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely card and what a beautiful testimony. You are a woman strong in her faith, how admirable is that! Keep on growing. And that butterfly looks like you colored it with metallic powders. :) God's coloring is the best, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great message and card. Just thinking....do you think God used Copics? LOL It is just so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Candace. Love the dp you used:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Candace! I love butterflies they remind me of how we are a new creation

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH WOW Candace, that butterfly is sooo COOL! What an awesome God we have--to think how beautiful he made a tiny butterfly and then that he made US in HIS image!!

    Beautiful card too! LOVE that Indian summer BG paper :) Great stitching too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, your card is so beautiful! I love the verse you used! Thanks for sharing the picture of the gorgeous butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card! The dp is beautiful and so is your butterfly friend! That is an awesome picture you got of him!
    Blessings!
    ~h

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Candace! I'm so sorry I've been neglecting everyone lately. I'm quite simply overwhelmed! I hope to get caught up soon because I'm starting get really frustrated! LOL

    Your card is beautiful (and so is that butterfly!). We all struggle with faith from time to time. We are human with lots of frailties. That's why fellowship with other Christians, going to church, praying and seeking His word are so important. What do they say, "keep your hearts and minds on Jesus Christ our Lord." Good advice!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your card! And wow...that butterfly is gorgeous...great pciture!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)