Sunday, November 15, 2009

{SSCC #13} 1 Corinthians 13:12

Hi there! I hope everybody is enjoying the Friends of Faith blog hop! Peggy Sue has a wonderful challenge for us today at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges. We are sponsored this week by Layers of Color. In case you didn't know, they are having a release party this weekend for their new Autumn 2009 stamp releases, and they are even giving away free digi stamps as party favors! Needless to say, we are so excited to have Layers of Color as our sponsor this week. Laura Campbell, the owner, will be joining us later in the week as our guest designer.

Scripture
"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." 1 Corinthians 13:12

I may be totally wrong, but here is what this verse means to me: Here on Earth, we wonder about many things. People often question God and his judgment on things in our life. We also wonder about things in the Bible and perhaps there may be something in it that we don't understand. I think this verse is telling us that when we are in Heaven and we see Jesus face to face, we will understand everything clearly, and it won't be like we are looking through a dim glass anymore. The glass will be crystal clear.

It reminds me of the hymn, "We Will Understand It Better By and By."

We are often destitute of the things that life demands,
want of food and want of shelter,
thirsty hills and barren lands;
We are trusting in the Lord, and according to God’s Word,
We will understand it better by and by.

Trials dark on every hand, and we cannot understand
All the ways that God could lead us to that blessed promised land;
But He guides us with His eye, and we’ll follow till we die,
For we’ll understand it better by and by.

Temptations, hidden snares often take us unawares,
And our hearts are made to bleed for a thoughtless word or deed;
And we wonder why the test when we try to do our best,
But we’ll understand it better by and by.

By and by, when the morning comes,
When the saints of God are gathered home,
We’ll tell the story how we've overcome,
For we’ll understand it better by and by.

Challenge
The challenge this week is to make a shadowbox card. You can find the directions here at Split Coast Stampers.

I will admit that I was a little intimidated by this card at first. However, once I started making it, I realized that it was a very fun card to make, and it was so easy! Don't be afraid! Everyone on the design team talked about how much we loved making these cards.

Here is the card I made. I used LOTS of Stickles. A girl can never have too much bling! :)

Hop on over to the SSCC blog and see all of the lovely things our design team created for you today. As always, there will be a prize for one random winner!

On a side note, yesterday my blog hit 50 followers. Wow. I never thought 50 people would be interested in reading about me. Thank you to all of you for your support and encouragement!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings,

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on "50". Love the colors and textures on your card and you are so right can't ever have enough blig!! Fun card. :)
    ps the hymm is a perfect illustation of the Scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candace, when I first saw your card in our album I was BOWLED OVER... seriously, this is so sooo BEAUTIFUL!! Vibrant colors and lots of bling... LOVE THIS SO MUCH! Excellent choice of cb folder as well.

    Your interpretation of this verse is exactly mine as well. When I was a kid I wrote down some question I wanted to ask God when I got to Heaven. I don't have that list now, but some things got answered as I aged, but there are LOTS of new questions that arise. It will be truly wonderful to KNOW and understand just as He knows US! That still is very humbling to think He knows and understands every fiber of our being. And loves us still! ;)

    Have a blessed week friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soo pretty and bright. I love all the sparkle!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great minds think alike when it comes to this week's scripture!

    I love your sweet and happy card! The bright colors make me smile!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candace this is so bright and cheerful. I love all the glitter, and bling. And the hymn is so right on!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, you never can have too much bling! And your card is so happy! It just reflects the spirit inside of you I believe. And now I have to search online to find the music that goes along with that hymn. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on making 50 followers -- and I can see why -- your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that hot air balloon and those bright cheerful colors! I also love how you put the balloon in the clouds! So cool!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this card style and haven't done one for awhile. You've inspired me to do another one. Love the total bling look to it and the fabulous colors.

    I believe your understanding of the verse is on target. I'm actually glad God hasn't revealed everything to us. And I imagine that even if He did explain some of the "whys" that now escape us, we wouldn't be any more accepting of the answer. Most of the time we really aren't asking "why" but demanding a different outcome. Our faith is stretched when we simply trust God especially when life makes no sense.

    Love your thoughts...love your creation. What a fun and happy card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)