Sunday, November 29, 2009

SSCC #15 and a BLOG HOP PARTY!!

Happy Sunday!! I have a card to share with you today for another great challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges. The sweet and talented Randi Barrett is our host this week, and we are being sponsored by La-La Land Crafts. They are offering a wonderful stamp set to one random winner.

Scripture
"And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh." Matthew 2:11

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?"
Matthew 7: 7-11

Randi chose beautiful scriptures this week. These scriptures remind me that Christmas is all about giving. That is why it is my favorite time of year. I get so caught up in the spirit of giving to others and I love to see others' expressions when they receive a gift. I always try to give to the less-fortunate, because I am so blessed. I want to pass on my blessings to others. We should give as God so willingly gave us the best Christmas present ever - his son, Jesus Christ. I don't know how he made that sacrifice, but I'm so thankful he did. My prayer this week is that we may always remember the true meaning of Christmas and keep the spirit of Christian giving in our hearts.

Challenge
The challenge this week is to make a card, layout, or other project that includes images of gifts or giving gifts.

Here is my card.

I used the Spa Key Ingredients from Taylored Expressions and the Birthday Chic set from Unity Stamp Co. I also followed a Taylored Expressions card sketch from a few weeks ago.

That's not all I have for you today. Oh yes, the fun is just beginning! Do you know who else *loves* Taylored Expressions? Lisa Hjulberg does!! In fact, it's her birthday today!

The Stampin' Sisters in Christ design team is throwing a special blog hop birthday party for Lisa today. One of Lisa's favorite actors is Johnny Depp, so I'm bringing a poster of him to the party.
Here ya go, Lisa! :)


Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope you liked my card and enjoyed my little celebration for Lisa. Your next stop on the hop is Ceal. Also, don't forget to stop by Lisa's blog and wish her a happy birthday!

Also, we'd love to have you play in our challenge at SSCC this week so be sure and check out all of the beautiful inspiration from our design team.

Blessings,

13 comments:

  1. Great card Candace. Lisa will love it. (and the poster's not so bad to look at either,LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so bright and cheery. You are so moving me into the world of primary colors. You card is just what I had in mind as I wrote the challenge. The flower is the perfect topper for any gift. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Candace!! :) Love your vibrant card with the cute pressie! :) You do a great job posting these challenges.

    ♫ Happy Birhday Lisa!!♫

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card!! Cute design and I must say the poster you've included there is not too bad on the eyes either (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card...and I love your poster of Johnny Depp! :) He looks GOOD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a great layout, love it! And such a cute present, does it hold a large poster of Johnny Depp by any chance, that Lisa can hang on her wall? And yes ,I am so thankful for the wonderful gift of Jesus Christ we can celebrate every year at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Candace, Your card is adorable. I really like the dp you chose and the package is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Candace, I'd like to say that I love your card, but I was a little distracted when you put Johnny Depp up there for us! O.k., I really, really do love your card -- the colors are just so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful "Gift" challenge card you have created. Great sketch and such a bright and cheerful card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh, that is so funny! I "saw" Johnny... I mean, Jack Sparrow...just yesterday on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland! I think my friend Laureen got a picture of him! Thank you thank you thank you Candace for this lovely surprise. I was wondering what was up with the survey! LOL

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    P.S. Yay for Taylored Expressions! Your card is lovely! Did you do any shopping with Taylor on Black Friday? I sure did!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Candace, your card is just adorable. Love that little present with the flower on top. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cheerful card! I love this layout, too, and the flowers on top of the present! I'm getting ready to wrap more Christmas presents and I'm going to use flowers instead of bows for the ladies gifts now! That is such an awesome idea!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a cute, cute card. I can't stay at my computer long enough to enjoy the entire hop, so I hope the connections will stay awhile so I can come back to them. This one is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)