Sunday, December 6, 2009

{SSCC #16} 2 Chronicles 7:14

It's time for this week's challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges. The talented Ceal is our host this week and we are being sponsored by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. I am in love with the digis at SNSS! They have some really cute ones, so hop over and check them out. Korin Sutherlin will be joining us later in the week as our guest designer, and I can't wait to see the awesome card she's going to have to share with us. As always, our sponsor is generously donating a stamp set to one random participant.

Scripture
"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

Everytime I read this verse, I think of our country. I think that if we as Christians would only pray more, pray harder, and pray with nothing but pure faith in our hearts, then our nation might be prospering more and more people would be led to Christ. It's so easy to get distracted by the things of this life and not pray as much as we should. I'm just as guilty as the next person, so I feel like this verse spoke to me this week. Just like the verse says, it requires us to humble ourselves, and turn everything over to God...to trust in him to heal our land. We need to be seeking Jesus' face in everything we do.

I *love* the Casting Crowns song "What if His People Prayed." My favorite line from the song is:

And what would happen if we prayed
For those raised up to lead the way
Then maybe kids in school could pray
And unborn children see light of day


I can't say it any better than that. Those words are so true.

Challenge
The challenge this week is to make a card or project using images of people (ex. children, men, women) to let someone know you are praying for them.

For my card, I used Key Ingredients from Taylored Expressions and the digi stamp is from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop. I stamped "You are in my thoughts and prayers" on the inside.

Now, hop on over to the SSCC blog and check out the inspiration from the design team. We hope you'll play along in our challenge this week!
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that song too! Wonderful card Candace. Loving Mo's praying kids stamps. You did a beeautiful job coloring him and his cute bear. Saying a prayer for all my DT sisters today. I hope you have a very blessed Sunday. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Candace. The boy is so cute with his teddy bear praying to God!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Candace: Your card is adorable...aren't Mo's images the best? What talent she has. I like your coloring and the stripes are great. Hugs, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a poignant image. A child in prayer.. the way that we all are to come to the Lord, as you said with a humble heart. Beautiful coloring, layout and the stripes are so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Casting Crowns song is an excellent choice to help illustrate this verse . . . wish I'd thought of it!! What a great image to illustrate this verse too and such lovely coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I especially love that image! ;) I love the dp you used and the colors are awesome!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  7. You wrote a beautiful blog today. I love Mo's image and you made him look lifelike. Have a great rest of the week..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Candace, this is a delightful card and the colors are so great it will surely bring a smile to anyone who looks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)