Sunday, December 27, 2009

{SSCC # 19} Happy New Year!!

Happy Sunday! Lisa has a great challenge for us this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges. We are sponsored this week by The Cutting Cafe, and Regina, the owner, was so sweet to send our design team some wonderful New Years images to use on our creations this week. I am so glad that she did, because I do not own any New Years crafty items at all! Had it not been for Regina, I would've had to get very creative. Thanks, Regina! :) She will also generously be donating three digi sets to one random winner of this week's challenge.

Scripture
"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:4-5

This is a wonderful scripture to focus on as we begin the New Year. If I could look to God to always show me the way instead of trying to find my own way, I might not make so many mistakes! This year, I pray that I could look to Him in everything that I do and always seek His will for my life.

Challenge
The challenge this week is the make a New Year's card. Lisa is encouraging us to let all of our resolutions this year include focusing on God's word and teachings and following the path that He has laid out for us.

Here's the card I created for the challenge. The 2010 background and "Happy New Year" circle are both from The Cutting Cafe. I also followed Mojo Monday's Week 118 sketch. I did a little embossing and used my new Martha Stewart loopy border punch...love that thing!


Be sure to hop on over to the SSCC blog and see all of the inspiration from our design team.

Oh, and by the way, The Cutting Cafe has some seriously cute Valentine's stuff right now. I'm just having a hard time deciding which files I want to buy! There's too many adorable ones!

I am off this whole week, and with the exception of a dentist appointment tomorrow, I plan on doing some serious relaxation! I'm still working on my blog, so hopefully I'll get that finished up this week. Y'all bear with me.

Have a great day!
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Very lovely..I can not believe the year has flown by so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candace, I loved your card from the moment I saw it in the gallery. Well done. Happy New Year and then back to work, boo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true, if it weren't for Regina I wouldn't have had any images to use for this challenge either, but yours looks so festive and bright. Great job using the digi images, I really like the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cute card Candace!! LOVE that blue and how you printed the year right onto it. LOVE your border punch too! Thanks so much for creating a card for this week's challenge. I know that just making one was quite the challenge for most as it was so busy. Many blessings wished for you this coming year!! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card, Candace! A great use of the digi stamps Regina sent us. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card and I love the vibrant colors.
    Hard to believe that we are about to end the first decade since year 2000.
    Have a wonderful New Years....

    I also wanted to let you know about some holiday blog candy that I am giving away. If you are interested, I hope that you will drop by and sign up HERE.

    Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card to wish someone a Happy New year, Candace. The colors are wonderful together! Hugs, Laurie

    PS I read your more recent blog...congrats on being a Sugar Baby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Candace! What a great way to start the new year -- with lots of pizazz! -- And MS loopy loops! Good luck with all your new aspirations for the New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)