Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Sweet Stop Sketch

Good morning! I am certainly enjoying my Christmas break so far. Andrew and I went to Gulfport yesterday. We went to Michael's and I got the new Martha Stewart loopy border punch. I already tried it out on some scrap paper, and I can tell I am going to have fun with this one. I also got the DCWV Farmer's Market stack for only $9.99. I have lots of girly papers, but I didn't have anything quite like that, so I'm glad I got it.
Today I'm just doing some cleaning and running errands in preparation for the big day. Hopefully I can get some more stamping done, too. Oh, and I'm also *impatiently* waiting for a delivery. I sold enough of my New Orleans Saints Christmas ornaments to buy a new camera. I've been wanting a Nikon DSLR for a very long time, and I finally got a chance to get it. After a lot of research and reading of customer reviews, I finally settled on the Nikon D3000. All of the reviews I read said that it was the best camera for a beginner, and that it was very easy to use. I also got a great deal on it with Amazon. It came with all of the accessories I need and more. The UPS website tells me that it is scheduled to arrive on Christmas Eve. It will be a perfect Christmas gift to myself! :)

I made a Christmas card last night. I needed a money holder card and this week's Sweet Stop Sketch challenge was perfect for me. I used the sketch and the challenge was to make a pocket card. I didn't take a picture of the inside, but I did put a pocket on the inside to put money in. This card measures 3.25 x 7-inches. All of the papers and embellies came in a prize package from my sweet new friend, Diane, and the stamp is from Unity Stamp Company. I've had it for awhile, but this is the first time I've used it. Thank you again, Diane, for these wonderful goodies. I've had fun playing with them.

Thanks for stopping by today! Have fun getting ready for Christmas!

Blessings to you!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Candace, as always, great work. i've been on the look out for that loop punch. I'd love to have it too.. Have a very Merry Christmas. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)