Sunday, January 10, 2010

{SSCC #21} From Broken to Beautiful

Happy Sunday!

I have a card to share with you today for Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges. Pamela Young is our lovely hostess this week and we are sponsored by Simon Says Stamp.

Scripture"Come, let us return to the Lord. He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us; he has injured us but he will bind up our wounds." Hosea 6:1

Challenge
The challenge is to make the broken look beautiful. Create a mosiac or tear apart and stitch back together. In some way have your image look broken.

I love the challenge this week because it is so unique and creative. I had never done a mosaic before, so this was a lot of fun for me. I really enjoyed it! Also, isn't it *AMAZING* to know that God has the power to heal us in every way, physically and emotionally!

My card was inspired by this card in the Taylored Expressions gallery - a beautiful creation by Karen Motz. Obviously, Karen's is much better than mine. :) I love the elegance of the black, kraft, and cream color combo. It is simply gorgeous.

I used the Discover Your Wings stamp set from Taylored Expressions and the November Key Ingredients for my card. I found the brick wall tutorial at Split Coast Stampers. My spacing isn't perfect, but I'll chalk that up as a lesson learned. This is definitely a technique that I'd like to try again.

Now, hop on over to the SSCC blog and check out the awesome eye candy from the design team. We'd love to have you play along with us this week! :)

On a personal note, yesterday was the coldest day we've had in a very long time here. It was 17 degrees when I woke up! There was even ice in our pond. I stayed inside, warm and cozy, for the majority of the day. I got a lot accomplished at my craft table. Mama made homemade chicken and dumplins' and it was the ultimate comfort food on a cold day! :)

Have a great day!
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. This is SO pretty Candace!!! I love the vibrant colours and the touch of stitching around the edges too. Isn't the brick wall technique so much fun to do! And don't worry about the uneven spacing...just makes it look even more realistic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Candace. I popped over from Karen's blog. What a fabulous challenge and perfect use of mosaic. This is one of my favourite images from the Whimsical Wishes stamps!
    ~Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, love the design of this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! I love the technique you used. Beautiful card and papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card!! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job on this Candace! I couldn't think for the life of me what image to use to do this with so I went a different way. But yours is so pretty and I LOVE your gorgeous DP in the bg!

    P.S.
    LOOOOOVE your blog makeover! That green is soo pretty and really pops! {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your take on this challenge. It actually inspired my challenge card! I love your dp and that image is gorgeous! Great card!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Candace! I love that stamp from TE and am sorry that i did not buy it. Your mosaic is beautiful.Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)