Sunday, January 17, 2010

{SSCC #22} Joshua 24:15


Happy Sunday! There's a new challenge up today at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges and the hostess is...ME! :) We are sponsored this week by Layers of Color. Speaking of them, they have this set that I just *have* to have. It's chickens! For those of you that don't know, we have all kinds of animals at my house, like chickens, goats, and bunnies. So, this set is perfect to make cards for my family. Of course, there are lots of other stamps sets to choose from in their store, so be sure and check them out! Also, they are generously donating this set to one random winner this week!

Scripture
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

I believe that a home based on Christ will always be filled with love, and it is so important for him to be first and foremost in the home.

Challenge
The challenge this week is to make a housewarming card or a project for the home.

For my take on the challenge, I chose to alter a canvas. I used some BasicGrey Wisteria scraps and printed the verse on the computer. I cut out "house" and "Lord" using Sure-Cuts-A-Lot with my Cricut. The house is from Ippity's Devoted set by Unity. I sponged the edges with brown ink. That was basically it...super easy! Now, I just have no idea what I'm going to do with this project. LOL!

I love what the design team did with the challenge this week, because there's quite a mixture of projects. Some did projects and some did cards, so there's definitely lots of different inspiration. Each creation is unique and so beautiful! Be sure and stop by the SSCC blog to check them out.

Have a great day!!
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty, and what a great verse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! This is beautiful Candace. I love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candace, this is a wonderful challenge and yours is something that you can cherish forever. Well done, friend. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Candace...this is one of my all time favorite verses...in fact, I have it at the top of my blog =)

    I love your card and how you brought this verse to life...LOVE it!!!

    I hope to find time this week to play along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Candace *Ü* WONDERFUL Challenge and scripture this week--thank you! And your project came out beautifully! Love the way you weaved those strips :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Your little house is darling! I love this card!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  7. Candace...I love that verse, and it's not just because I have a "Joshua"!:) I also have a "Caleb"!:) Love your card!! What an adorable set!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Candace -- great job with the patterns, texture and weaving. Yes, you "must" have the chicken stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)