Sunday, January 24, 2010

{SSCC #23} 1 Peter 1:23

Hi there! Happy Sunday! This is my card for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week. PeggySue is our wonderful hostess, and we are sponsored by Incy Wincy. They are graciously donating digital stamps to one random winner of this week's challenge! Be sure and check them out!

Scripture
"For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God." 1 Peter 1:23



ChallengeFor this challenge, since most seeds come up as tiny green shoots, use the color green somewhere in your creation, not all over green, just a touch somewhere.
For my card, I used the October Afternoon Farm Fresh papers. I LOVE this collection! I bought it just because of the "farm" name. There is a really cute page in the stack with chickies and cows on it that I cannot wait to use. I followed Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #52. I stitched around the edges and used my Fiskars Apron Lace punch. The sentiment and image are both from Unity Stamp Company. I love this quote because it is so true. I don't know where I got that ribbon from, but I found it in my stash. I've been using my new Bow Easy to tie my bows, and I don't know how I ever made cards without it. I *love* it!! Just look at that sweet bow! I could've never done that on my own.

Now, hop on over to the SSCC blog and check out the inspiration from the design team. We'd love to have you play along with us this week!

Have a GREAT day!! GEAUX SAINTS!!! Bless you, boys!
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the fun and bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy, cheerful card, just makes me smile to look at it. Great paper choices and I like the layout and design. A bow easy . . . I've heard great things about them, nice touch with the bow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card, and your papers too Candace! I would've bought it just for that name as well *Ü* The ribbon adds so much to this and I see stitching on your focal piece--great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bow is so gorgeous! Your dp is very pretty and I love your sentiment. Beautiful card!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Card Candace! I too think Bow Easy is a wonderful invention. nice use of Unity stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, love the sentiment and fantastic bow, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card...love the colors the dp and the great ribbon and bow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)