Saturday, January 2, 2010

Sweet Stop Sketch #37

Hi there! I have something super *sweet* for you today! In honor of my first week as a design team member at The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge Blog, I wanted to use one of my favorite things on my card...cupcakes! I don't know about y'all, but I just love a good cupcake! They are so fun to make, too.



For my card, I used Taylored Expressions December Key Ingredients (of course, TE is another one of my favorites). That *adorable* crafty cupcake is a stamp from Crafty Cuppie, also from Taylored Expressions. Now, I have to tell y'all, Taylor hit the nail on the head when she combined my two favorite loves - cupcakes and crafting - into stamps! It was love at first bite...I mean sight!

This card was super easy to put together following today's sketch from The Sweet Stop. All of the patterned paper, ribbon, and flowers were from the Key Ingredients. The button was from my massive button stash. I colored my image with my ever-so-small collection of Copics (I only have 8), and I finished it off with some liquid pearls around the center.

As for the Copics, I'm just now getting into them. I'm slowly learning how to use them and I could use all the tips you have to offer. In particular, I have found a site where the Ciao markers are really affordable, but I'm not sure which is best - Ciao or Sketch? If you'd like to offer your preference, I'd love to read your opinions!

Now, be sure you stop by The Sweet Stop to check out the sketch and see what the design team has in store for you.

Have a GREAT weekend! :)
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Love the sweetness of your card! So pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a sweet card!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very sweet Candace! Cupcakes are just one of the most perfect things aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pure Cuppie Perfection Candace!!! You know how much I LOVE Cuppie, and this card is absolutely DELISH!!! LOVE the colors and embellies, and your coloring is AWESOME! Congrats on your first card as a Sugar Baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and I Love the sentiment..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute - I love those adorable cuppies!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I just tell you how much I LOVE your card!!! LOVE! My cards always look the same...square card, square mats!!! I try to make them look different, but I still cut squares, well sometimes rectangles LOL...I love this design and hope I can make something like it!!!

    thanks for the insiration,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Candace!
    Love your card, the sentiment is so cool! And the image is perfect.Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on becoming a DT member!

    I love your sweet cuppie card. I love the sentiment, it's my new motto for this year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)