Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Sweet Stop Sketch #38

Hi there! I cannot believe that I have not posted all week long! Wow, it has been crazy! This was our first week back at school from the holidays, so I had to get back into my routine. I also joined a gym and started going there right after school and making time for ME! It has been sooo cold here this week...in the 30s every day and sometimes 20s in the mornings. Now, don't all you Northern folks laugh at me. I know y'all get colder than that, but us Southern girls think anything below 50 is COLD!

I actually got out of my car at school yesterday morning and stepped onto ice. Every school around the area except ours closed for the day. I'm glad we had school though, because I wouldn't want to make-up the day during Mardi Gras holidays. A lot of kids were absent and in my last class, more than half of the class was absent! Needless to say, it wasn't a very productive day in my English class.

With that being said, in this kind of weather the only thing I want to do is put on some comfy jammies and sit at my craft table all day! :) I think I'm going to do just that.

I do have a card to share with you today for this week's Sweet Stop Sketch #38.



The cute laundry-line stamp and sentiment are from a past Unity Stamp Co. Kit of the Month. I have so many Unity stamps, and shamefully, many of them have never been inked up. So, I wanted to use this fun image for my card this week. I colored it a little with two of my eight Copics (can we say PATHETIC?). I paired it with one of my favorite paper collections - Cosmo Cricket Early Bird. I've been stitching on my cards a lot lately, because stitching is still new to me, and I am trying to get better at it. I figure that if I do it every time i make a card, then that's lots of practice! I am slowly getting better and it's *almost* straight here. I really need to work on my corners, though. Any tips?
Now, hop on over to The Sweet Stop Sketch, and check out the awesome inspiration from the Sugar Babies!
Have a great weekend! :)
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Candace...I love this image and sentiment, they are so cute!!! Made me smile this morning!!! Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Candace! the stitching with those pretty papers is just gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Candace!

    I think your card looks adorable! I just love Cosmo Cricket papers and the image is so cute!

    Have a great weekend!
    Renata

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute Candace! I love the combination of papers and the stamp set is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Candice!!! I love this card so much. I love all the layers and stitching. The stamp and the sentiment are soooooo stinkin cute =)

    thanks for the super sweet comment you left on my blog!!! And you are crazy girl....you are SOOOOOO talented!!!

    Hugs,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Candace, great image and I love your papers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)