Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sweet Stop Sketch # 40

Good morning! There's a fun sketch up at The Sweet Stop today.

For my card, I went the bright-and-cheerful route. I just LOVE these colors! The papers are all from the December Key Ingredients from Taylored Expressions. The butterfly stamps and sentiment are from Unity Stamp Company's Bevy of Butterflies set. I love these butterflies because they are great for adding dimension to your project, like I did with pop-dots. There are several different ones to choose from, and there are FIVE different sentiments in the set! I used my Fiskars Apron Lace Punch, though you can hardly tell it after I added the butterflies. I also stitched around the edges. That's my new favorite technique! I actually did a pretty good job this time, so I was proud of myself...no crooked lines!

I hope you'll go and check out the inspiration from the awesome Sugar Babies and also play along with us this week!

On a personal note, I would just like to say that I am really thankful for my fiance, Andrew. He came to my classroom several times after school this week and hung up new white boards and bulletin boards for me. The redecorating is in process! I'll have to take new pictures when I'm done.

Today I need to go to the education store to get some more bulletin board trim and my mama and I are going to Randazzo's to get a king cake. They have the BEST! One more thing before I go...GEAUX SAINTS! Bless you, boys! :)
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Candace, love how the black makes it POP! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty - bright and cheery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job with this. Those colors are just so "happy"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)