Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sweet Stop Sketch #41


Good morning! Happy Saturday! This is my card for The Sweet Stop Sketch #41. This was a great sketch to use. It's drawn for a square card, but I've gotten to where I like to make A2 size cards mostly because they mail easier. So, I just adapted this one a little for an A2 card.

This card came together very quickly with my Taylored Expressions Valentine's Key Ingredients. I *LOVE* that kit! The cute cupcake image and sentiment are from the Cuppie Love Scenes stamp set. I paper-pieced the hot-air balloon and I cut out the image and the background scalloped rectangle with Nestabilities. I used some blue chalk ink for the sky, and I used liquid pearls dusted in some fine Martha Stewart glitter for the clouds.

I stamped the sentiment directly onto the patterned paper. However, notice that black mark in the upper-right corner? Don't you just hate when you get a card completely finished (or even almost finished) and then you do something that messes it up? I still had the lid off of my ink pad and the card accidentally brushed the edge of the pad, leaving a black mark. Oh well! I wasn't going to trash this card over one little black mark.

I hope you'll hop over to The Sweet Stop Sketch blog and see the sketch and the beautiful inspiration from the Sugar Babies!

On a personal note, I'm about to leave out for work. Yes, it's Saturday and I said work. For some reason, our English department is having a meeting this morning. After that, Mama and I are hitting up some Saints stores in search of memorabilia. I ordered me a Drew Brees jersey yesterday! I can't wait until it comes in! When I get home, I'm going to drown myself in some much-needed stamping therapy. It's been a hard week! Stamping is bound to help. :)

Have a great day!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet card! Adorable image and love the clouds! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)