Monday, January 11, 2010

A Trio of *COLD* Hearts

Hey y'all!! Have I mentioned lately that it is COLD here? LOL! I know it seems like that's all I've been talking lately. For South Mississippi to get in to 30s is pushing it...this morning it was 18!! 18!! Geez! I don't think I've ever wanted to feel warm sunshine so bad before. It also makes me realize that I could never make it as a Northern girl. No way! Y'all can keep the snow and the ice and the frigid temperatures. I'm staying put! This morning I was thinking about how if it's gonna be this cold, God could at least send us some snow!

So in August, when I'm griping and complaining about how HOT and HUMID it is here, and how I cannot handle Missisippi summers anymore, somebody direct me to this post, okay? LOL!

I'm sure you didn't pop over here to read about my gripes, so here's the real reason I'm posting tonight...this sweet little Valentine card!

I made this card for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #51. I really love Karen's sketches and I always file them in my sketch box, so that if I don't get to it in the current week, I can always go back to it. This one looked like an easy sketch, so I knew that I wanted to try it out. The heart stamps are from an older kit-of-the-month from Unity Stamp Company. The paper was from my scrap box and I got the ribbon on clearance at Michael's after Valentine's Day last year. I've been waiting a whole year to use it! I actually just ordered the Valentine's Key Ingredients from Taylored Expressions and it came in today (along with some other goodies), so I can't wait to make even more Valentine's cards! I got so excited when I went in Michael's recently and saw all of the Valentine's goodies out on the shelves. I want it all! But, actually, I get that way about any holiday! I just love holidays! I think it's because I love to give, and holidays are just one more reason to give little happies! :)

I kept this card very simple because I am doing a Valentine's card swap with the Sassy Blinging Babes and I'll need to make quite a few cards. I also want to do something special for my co-teachers in my department at school. I'm still trying to come up with an idea. I want it to involve candy of some sort. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for ideas. Let me know if you see any good ones!

Now, I'm gonna go snuggle up and watch some television. BRR!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. So adorable, I love that paper and Ribbon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the heart images and the ribbon - yummm!!! Thanks so much for playing along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way cute card! Love it!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  4. How ca-ute!! Love those sweet heart trees!! Great job with sweet sunday sketch 51!


    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)