Thursday, January 21, 2010

Valentine's Cards

Hi there! I made these cards last week, but I kept forgetting to share them with you! I used the fabulous Taylored Expressions Valentine's Key Ingredients on both of my cards. I LOVE this kit!! These papers are so cute and fun to use. I also used the Cuppie Love Scenes set on both cards.

For the first card, I paper-pieced the hot air balloon and sponged blue ink for the sky. I used liquid pearls for the clouds. This was a time when I wished I had some of that fluffy stuff. I'll add that to my wish list...literally, I have a wish list saved in the TE store! :) I cut out the image with rectangle Nesties and layered it with the scalloped rectangles. I stitched around the edges and adhered my ribbon with staples. I stamped the sentiment directly onto the cardstock.


This next card uses one of my favorite images from the Cuppie Love Scenes set - the movie theater scene! This scene reminds me of me and Andrew because we love to go to the movies. There's not much else to do around here. The only exception is, no one ever has to tell us to "shhh!" like the cupcakes in this scene. LOL! We're usually the ones wanting other people to "shhh." :)

I colored it with Copics, but I used gray watercolor pencils for the background. I'm still working on building my Copic collection. Again, I used my rectangle Nesties. I used a dot of red Stickles on each cupcake. I kept it simple because I wanted the focus to be on this cute image. Also, if I give this card to Andrew, I didn't want it to have a lot of froo-froo on it.



I hope all of you have been having a good week. Mine has been a little crazy. I've been really busy at school and have worked late every day. I've been redecorating my classroom, and I love it! I'll have to post pictures when it's all done. I also got my taxes done this week...yay!

I'm glad tomorrow is Friday and it is New Orleans Saints Day at school! I'll be sporting my Drew Brees shirt! I'm so excited about the big game. I don't know if y'all know this, but Brett Favre is from Kiln, MS...just a few minutes right down the road from my town. His family still lives here. His nephew plays local high school football. He and his wife actually have a home in the town where I went to college. Perhaps I should be pulling for the Mississippi boy, but I'm sorry...GEAUX SAINTS!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)