Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Yummy Taylored Expressions Blog Hop!

It is a VERY happy day for me! I am sooo excited to get to be a part of the Taylored Expressions January Key Ingredients blog hop today! Taylor emailed me a few weeks ago and asked me to be a guest designer, along with some other talented ladies, and I didn't even have to think twice about it. I replied "yes!" right away. I think by now we all know how much I *love* Taylored Expressions. So, you can only imagine my surprise when I got Taylor's email. I've been looking forward to this day ever since then. I am so honored to be among such awesome talent today. Taylor, thank you again for this AMAZING opportunity! I think I'm still in shock...

Before I get to my project, I'd like to tell you a little about why I truly love being a Key Ingredients subscriber.

1) You absolutely cannot beat the AWESOME customer service!

2) I love that the shipping is only $7 and that you can place an order to combine with your Key Ingredients and save 10% on that order. That's not all! You also get free shipping since it is combined with your Key Ingredients!

3) I'm horrible at "matching" things, so I love that the hard part is already done for me. It makes card-making a breeze. The products are also of great quality, great variety, and all-in-all, it's a great value.

4) This one may sound silly, but I just love getting that happy mail every month! Sometimes I come home from a hard day at school, and it just makes me so happy to see that package. I can open it up and go play and forget about all the stress.

Now, let's get to the good stuff!

Taylor's challenge was to let food inspire you. Use your favorite foods or sweet treats as a jumping off point for your creations! Use food images, create recipe cards, or other creations for your kitchen.
I knew immediately what I wanted to do for this challenge. Awhile back my sweet Sassy Blinging Babes and I did a 6x6 recipe card swap. I've had all of these beautiful creations from my babes with no album to store them in. So, I took on the challenge and came up with this...



I purchased this great stand from the TE store. I wanted to spray paint it white, and I actually tried to, but the windy 20-degree weather wasn't exactly cooperating with me last Saturday. Paint doesn't really dry in that kind of weather. I knew that spray painting inside would be a huge mess, so the stand itself isn't finished yet. You get the general idea, though.

I kept my design of the cover and divider pages very simple. When that cute striped paper caught my eye, I knew that I wanted it for the cover page. It reminded me of an apron. Of course, I had to use my Fiskars Apron Lace punch (my favorite!) and I did lots of stitching around my borders. I used Modge Podge on the cover and for the last step, I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch two holes for eyelets. All of the word cut-outs are from the Cricut From My Kitchen cartridge. This cartridge has really inspired me to use my Cricut more. It has TONS of stuff on it.

For my divider pages, I did not use Modge Podge since I was putting them in page protectors. The timer and pot holder were both from the From My Kitchen cartridge.



This was my favorite page to do because I love cupcakes so much!


Now, I'd love to share with you some exciting news about Taylored Expressions!

**There is a Brand Spankin' New Key Ingredients Website! I am so excited about this. My favorite part is the gallery, so that I can get inspiration and see what others have created with the kit. It's so great to see how many people took the same products and all created something different, yet beautiful.

**Limited Time Subscription Special - Purchase (or renew) a 6 month subscription on or before January 17th and receive a FREE Key Ingredients kit upon the completion of your 6 month subscription. This kit (a $23.95 value including shipping) will be an exclusive kit that will never be available in the TE Store! I just renewed my subscription for 6 months and I cannot wait to see the free kit!

**Beat the price increase - As of January 18th, prices will increase to $23.95 per month for 6 month subscriptions and $25.95 per month for 3 month subscriptions. However, if you subscribe or renew by January 17th you’ll receive the current pricing of $21.95 per month for 6 months or $22.95 per month for 3 months. You can renew your subscription no matter how many months you have remaining on your current subscription. Your renewal will simply add 3 or 6 additional months. Remember you only get the FREE EXCLUSIVE KI with the 6 month option. Just click here to sign up!
Thank you so much for stopping by today, and I hope you enjoyed seeing what I created. Be sure to hop around and see what the Baker's Dozen as well as the other guest designers have in store for you. I'm positive you'll love what you see!

Laura Leonard
Lisa Hjulberg
Lynn Mercurio
Randi Barrett
Sunghee Chon
Kathie Bailey
Taylor VanBruggen
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Melissa Sauls
Donna Baker
Charmaine Ikach
Jeanie Witmer

Have a GREAT day! :)
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE what you did with the Key Ingredients. Very creative and functionable. GREAT JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I painted my stand with acrylic folk art paint... works great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome awesome awesome Candace! Great minds think alike... I'm also working on a recipe stand for a friend. And I LOVE your card!

    Fun new blog look, too. Green is my favorite color. :-)

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candace - this is darling! It is practical and will really cheer up any kitchen! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Candace!! I have that cartridge, too and it's awesome!! Love all the details you've added, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME Candace! LOVE what you have created with the KI!!!!! You ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those are absolutely perfect!! Love how you used the Key Ingredients on all your pages. The font is PERFECT too! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOWIE Candace, I'm so very impressed!! This whole project is BEAUTIFUL and exactly what I need! I've participated in 2 recipe swaps and still haven't boughten an album to put them in, so this will do the trick nicely and add a cute decorative element to the kitchen as well!! GREAT JOB!! I'm totally signing up for these kits right now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Candace you have done a wonderful job on your recipe stand - that is amazing!!!! I will look gorgeous in the kitchen with all the colour - WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic! What a completely functional recipe book! And all the pages are already protected from all the splatter, lol! Love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, I LOVE this!! How clever and SO pratical for the kitchen. The DP for each section goes perfectly with the title. Cute, cute, cute! Oh, and the card is so bright and cheery, not to mention CUTE. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how awesome, Candace! LOVE the recipe book. ..just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)