Sunday, February 28, 2010

For God So Loved the World

Hi there! It's time for this week's Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge. Pamela Young is our talented hostess this week.

Scripture
"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him." Colossians 3:17

Challenge
Pamela has given us a lot of freedom for the challenge this week. Here's what she has to say: You have free reign of what you want to do this week. Here's the deal: I want you to actively do this as an act of worship to our God. Before starting, pray. Thank God for your gift. While working, feel free to pray more, or perhaps sing out to Him. Put your focus on Him and remember that it is He who gave you your gift (however good or bad you think you are at this) and remember that it makes Him happy to see you at work. Do this challenge as if you were doing it for Christ himself!

I am my own worst critic. I've never thought I was very good at this whole paper-crafting thing, but I try because I enjoy it. I also had to learn that everyone has a different style and each person is talented in her own way. When I applied for the SSCC design team, I never thought I'd be picked. When I was, I knew that it was God's will. I had never been on a design team before, and the opportunity to combine my love for paper-crafting with my oustanding love for Christ was just incredible.

When I first read Pamela's challenge, my first thought was, "I could never make something that would be worthy for Christ." However, I did as Pamela said, and I prayed before I started my card. I spent time in prayer thanking him for this gift, for this hobby that I enjoy so much, and even for the opportunity to share my love for Him with all of you. I thanked Him for my amazing design team sisters and what they stand for. I asked Him to let me always act humbly and give all the credit to Him. I hope and pray that not just with paper-crafting, but that in all aspects of my life, I could do all things through Christ.

For my card, I chose this beautiful digi stamp from Sweet n Sassy. Did you know they went all digital? I love stopping by each day to see the new digis. When I saw this one, I knew it would be perfect for today's challenge. I used Kraft cardstock for my base, and I used BasicGrey Origins for my patterned papers. I stitched around the edges with my machine and also sewed on some lace. I colored the image with Copic markers and sponged around the edges with Memento Canteloupe. I popped up the image panel with foam tape and lastly, I added three pearls in each corner.

I sure hope Jesus likes it! :)

Be sure and stop by the SSCC blog and check out the beautiful samples from the design team. There's a beautiful combination of projects and cards this week. Also, we'd love to have you play along with us! Cindy Coutts at Christian Paper Crafts is our sponsor and she will be awarding the Ippity Devoted stamp set to one random winner of this week's challenge. I have that set and it's beautiful. You'll definitely want to play along for your chance at winning it!

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Candace! I give thanks to our Lord that you share the talents and gifts He gave to you! You are a wonderful person and artist. I am so glad that you are in my life. This is yet another beautiful card you created and the journey you went on while working on it is a great story. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candace, this is a beautiful card and an awesome image! You have a great gift and I am thankful to have come to know you. Enjoy your week,GF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! That image is perfect and I love your dp!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think he probably likes everything you do because you have such a heart for him. This is a lovely card. So glad I 'found' you through SSIC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card Candace. The image is so perfect, and the dp is lovely. You certaninly have a great gift and I'm glad you are sharing with us all:) Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this image, and your card is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Candace! I am sure your have brought joy to our Lord! He likes seeing us work with the talents He has given us! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)