Sunday, February 7, 2010

{SSCC # 25) Mark 10: 7-8

Hi there! The wonderful Randi Barrett is our hostess this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges.

Scripture
"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Mark 10: 7-8

Challenge
Create a card, project, or LO that reflects this sentiment by following this formula: Use whatever supplies/stamps you like to create whatever kind of card or project that you like BUT use must use TWO kinds of each item to make your ONE creation. An example would be as follows: 2 different colored pieces of CS, 2 different pieces of patterned paper, 2 pieces of ribbon, 2 brads, 2 buttons, and so on.

For my card, I used two different colors of cardstock (Kraft and the light blue), two different pieces of patterned paper (I'm not counting the piece I used for the couch - LOL!), and two brown brads. You could also say that there are TWO cupcakes on the couch!

A co-worker asked me to make a Valentine's card for her fiance, so this is what I came up with. I kept it very simple. I was aching to put ribbon on it, but I tried to tone down the froo-froo since it's for a guy. I did add a little bit of Frosted Lace stickles to the hearts. I used the Taylored Expressions Valentine's Key Ingredients and the Cuppie Love Scenes stamp set.

Now, hop on over to the SSCC blog and see what the design team has in store for you. Our sponsor, Digital Ink Co., is giving away three digi stamps of your choice to one random winner of this week's challenge. Also, you never know when you might be picked as a shining star! We'd love to have you play along with us.

It is Super Bowl Sunday! I am wearing my gold fleur-de-lis scarf and a black outfit to church today. Haha! Gotta represent! So excited! Geaux Saints!

Have a great day, y'all! Thanks for stopping by! :)
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Good Morning Candace!! Love your cute li'l card... these cuppycake stamps are becoming so popular and I can see why! Very cute! I just LOVE your scene here and that paper pieced couch is so AWESOME! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Candace,

    great card, such a sweet image to go with the sentiment

    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Candice,

    I'm Judy from Digital-Ink Co. Just wanted to stop by and tell you how honored we are to sponsor SS. I love your card, and love your blog. I am now a follower of yours and do hope you'll stop by the Digital-Ink Co. Challenge blog, and/or my own blog (M&M Designz) which you can find listed on the store challenge blog.

    Lots of love and blessings to you and yours,

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew those were TE stamps when I saw it, those little cupcakes look so happy couch-cuddling! I don't know though, what happens when cuupcakes mix up their frosting? :) Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute. What an adorable image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! I love the paper pieced couch and those cupcakes are adorable!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  7. Candace, this is delightful -- and such a perfect answer for Randi's challenge. Two for one! Your co-worker is very lucky to have you around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Candice, Your card is so cute. I love the patterned couch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Candace, sorry that I am getting to your blog so late in the week. Your card is super cute and I sure the receiver will appreciate all the time you put into it. Love the paper piecing and the yummy paper.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)