Sunday, February 14, 2010

{SSCC #26} 1 John 4:10


Hi there! Happy Valentine's Day! Many people do acts of love on Valentine's Day, but the greatest act of love was done when Jesus died for us. He was my first love and is my true Valentine! Ceal Pritchett has the perfect "love" challenge for everyone at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges this week.

Scripture
"This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins." 1 John 4:10

I think Ceal chose the *perfect* verse for today. There is no greater love than this! It is true, selfless love. It is so great that none of us will ever be able to comprehend it.

Challenge
Make a card or project for someone letting them know how much God loves them.

I printed out the Taylored Expressions sketch book yesterday, so I flipped through it and used one of the older sketches for my card today. I knew that I wanted to use a cross and the words "Jesus Loves You" for my card, so I used the cross from "Something Within" by Unity Stamp Company. I didn't have a stamp for my sentiment, so I printed it on my computer. I used my standard and scalloped circle and rectangle Nestabilities. All of the papers and ribbons are from the Taylored Expressions Valentine's Key Ingredients. I added two ribbons and three pearls to my card, and it was finished!

Now, hop on over to the SSCC blog and check out the love-filled inspiration from the design team! We'd love to have you play along with us this week! Also, our sponsor, Simon Says Stamp, is graciously offering up a stamp set to one random winner!

I don't know what I'm going to do with myself after church today...no football! I suppose I'll stamp! :)

Thanks for stopping by today! Your comments always make my day!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the background paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card today Candace!! That cross is so beautiful and your sentiment is perfect with it. I also love your pearls and DP! Happy Valentine's Day my friend *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valentine's Day!! Love your card, It's perfect for this challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That paper you chose is so pretty! Nice composition and of course, right on target with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Candace, this is pretty. I have yet to download the set of TE Sketches but I will get on that soon as you have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Candace! This is so beautiful! Yoru ribbon and cross are gorgeous!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)