Sunday, February 21, 2010

{SSCC #27} Esther 4:14


It's Sunday! Not only does that mean we get to worship today, but it also means there's a new challenge up at Stampin' Sisters in Christ! Laurie Gatton is our talented hostess this week.

Scripture
"For if you remain completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” Esther 4:14

Challenge
Make a project using a time piece or in some way denoting time.

Laurie gave us some great ideas for showing time in our creations. You could use a sunrise or sunset image, or even a birthday card that features the age. You could also print out a Bible verse that relates to time.

For my card, I wanted to use this cute little cuckoo clock from the Folk Inspired set by Unity Stamp Company. I always love the looks of Kraft paper on other people's cards, so I challenged myself to keep my card very simple and let my Kraft paper shine through. Here lately I've been using a lot of layers on my cards, but I really love the way this simple card turned out. I colored the image with Copics, and used a bit of patterned paper from the Cosmo Cricket Early Bird collection. I stitched around the edges of my patterned piece. I popped my image up on foam tape and stamped the sentiment "Life Changes," also from Folk Inspired, directly on my Kraft Paper. On the inside, I stamped "have faith." I wish I could remember where that ribbon came from because that was the last bit of it, and now I can't find anymore. You probably can't tell, but I added red Stickles to the feathers on the bird.

I think these stamps were so perfect for this challenge. Time goes on and life changes all the time. All we can do is have faith in our awesome God and trust in his will and not our own.

Now, hop on over to the SSCC blog and check out the beautiful creations from our design team. We would especially love it if you play along with us this week! We are sponsored this week by Designed2Delight...lots of cute digis on their site! As always, there's a prize for one random winner!

Oh, and did you hear the latest news? SSCC has a Facebook fan page now! If you're on Facebook, we'd love for you to become a fan. Invite your friends, too! You can click here to check out the page.


Have a beautiful Sunday! :)

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Great card, Candace. I love the Kraft cs. I hardly use it myself, but, like you, think it's great in others' creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Love this card Candace. The kraft cs is perfect and your coloring is awsome. I really love this stamp set!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Candace... LOVE your card! That stamp is soo CUTE, and I just love your colors and DP and sentiment too! Great job!! :) I don't have any Unity yet, but it's defiantely on my wish list. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card! I almost used that set as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of kraft cs, too! It's so beautiful! Your card is awesome! That little clock is darling!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a cute clock! I like the look of kraft too, but always struggle to use it, this look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)