Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sweet Stop Sketch #43


Good morning! Happy Saturday! This is my card for The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge #43. This sketch really challenged me because I had never before made a circle card. I was tempted to turn it into a square card, but then I decided to be brave and take on the challenge.

I googled instructions for making a circle card and I found this blog. Isn't her blog the cutest?! I love her header! So, I followed her instructions and used my large circle scallopped nestabilities to do the card. The papers are from the Spa Key Ingredients from Taylored Expressions. I used my Fiskars Apron Lace punch for the blue trim, and the flowers are from my stash. The "Thinking of You" stamp is by Studio G from Michael's - you know, those great dollar bin stamps! Sometimes, you can find some really cute ones in there. I added three tiny rhinestones to finish off my card.

I enjoyed making this card because it was for a very special young lady. One of my students, Jamie, had her tonsils removed on Wednesday. She is so precious, so I just wanted her to know I was thinking about her. I sent this card home to her in care of her twin brother. I hope it brightens her day just like she brightens mine!

Last night, Andrew and I went to Chili's for dinner. It was so much fun, because random people in the restaurant kept shouting "Who dat!" That would get the whole restaurant to shouting. Everyone was in their Saints attire, and the atmosphere was great! After that, we went to see When in Rome. Yes, I dragged him to see that girly movie! LOL! But, he actually liked it. There were some really funny parts in it. It was a very cute movie, and I recommend it! Not to mention, Josh Duhamel is worth dreaming about.

As for today, I plan on cleaning up and doing some crafting. I have so many projects I want to get done today, including Valentine's gifts for a couple of people. I also want to get my "Saints are going to the Super Bowl" scrapbook layout done. The Super Bowl is tomorrow! YES!! GEAUX SAINTS! Bless you, boys! Who dat!! Believe dat! I believe!

Have a great day! Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. This is lovely, and the colors are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very beautiful Candice! it was my first round card too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its beautiful Candice...cant believe this is your first circle card...you cant tell at all...its great!!!

    I am going to check out that blog...I havent made a circle one either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Candice.
    Your peanutbutter balls look yummy too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)