Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sweet Stop Sketch 44

Hi there! Happy Saturday! My week off is almost over, but I still have the weekend, so I'm not going to rush it.
Are y'all tired of winter yet? I know I am. I'm ready for spring and all of its warmth. I truly love spring...all of the new growth, new life, birds singing, sun shining, flowers blooming, and everything else that spring entails.

This week's Sweet Stop Sketch has a spin, and the spin is to use FLOWERS! I've had these bright beauties by K & Company in my stash for quite awhile. They're 3D felt stickers. I've been trying to challenge myself to use some of the stickers in my sticker binder. I forget about having them, but I don't know how I ever forgot about these adorable flowers!

I embossed the white cardstock with my Swiss Dots embossing folder in the Cuttlebug. The "Thank You" stamp is from those tiny Studio G stamps that you can get in the dollar section at Michael's. I stamped it in Memento Rose Bud. I used Classic Squares and Scalloped Squares to cut out the squares. I popped them on on foam tape and added three rhinestones to finish it off. I left the inside of my card blank, but I added a coordinating flower to the inside.

I LOVED this sketch. It was so easy and I loved the look of the squares, so I also made another card with this sketch.

For this card, I used Glitz Design Divalicous paper. These cute purses are from the Trendy Girl stamp set by Sweet n Sassy Stamps. You can get this set right now for only $7.50! I paper-pieced each of the purses using the Divalicious papers, and added a flower and rhinestones for accents. The inside is stamped with another sentiment from the collection, "When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping!" I know this card would be perfect for any of my teacher friends.

I had so much fun with these cards. This is definitely a sketch that I'll be going back to again. I hope you'll hop over to The Sweet Stop blog and check out the sketch and the inspiration from the Sugar Babies.

Have an awesome weekend!! :)

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. These cards are really cute! Love all the details on the first one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these!! especially the first one, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing these great cards -- there is no end to what you could do with this one as you have illustrated -- two very different looks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are fantastic!! I just love the colors!!

    PS - love the new picture of you too!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun card! I love them both - great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of your cards Candace! They both tuned out so cute! Love those flowers...always great to use up something that has been in your stash for awhile!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)