Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sweet Stop Sketch #45


Hey y'all! I have not blogged or stamped all week, so it felt sooo good to make this card last night! I will tell you a bit later about all that, but first I want to share my card for this week's Sweet Stop sketch.

This sketch challenged me a bit, but it was a fun one. Everything is from the Taylored Expressions Spa Key Ingredients. That cute stylin' cupcake and sentiment are from Sweet Indulgence. I colored Cuppie with Copic markers and used a bit of Crystal Stickles on the dryer. I did some machine-stitching, and added Crystal Twinkles to my scalloped circle, which was cut out using Nestabilities.

Hop on over to the Sweet Stop blog and check out the sketch and the samples from the awesome Sugar Babies!

Now, in case you're wondering where I've been hiding all week, I've been dealing with a nightmare of a toothache all week. I had a temporary crown put on last Friday. I've been in major pain ever since then. It spread into my ear, and I had a toothache and earache all at the same time. I would wake up in the morning with the entire side of my face hurting. It was killer. Dummy me assumed it was normal, and that it would eventually go away. In the meantime, I ate Ibuprofens like they were candy, but nothing helped. Yesterday morning at school, the pain got unbearable. Luckily, the school was able to call in a substitute and I rushed to the dentist, without an appointment. They worked me right in - within 10 minutes! They told me that I needed a root canal and about an hour and $400 later, I walked out of there. It's not exactly my idea of a good way to kick off the weekend, but maybe the pain will go away. I'm still in pain, but they sent me home with pain meds and antibiotics. Now, I go back in two weeks to have the permanent crown put on. My dentist is going to be able to buy a new vehicle on all the money I'm giving him.

Speaking of money, I'm always looking to earn a little extra, to buy new stamping goodies, of course! My town does a small monthly craft fair downtown and it is only $15 for a booth. I signed up for next weekend, and I'm going to try and sell the greeting cards I have on hand, as well as some notepads and post-it note holders that I've been decorating. Maybe that will buy me a few new stamp sets. :) I'm really excited about it, and I've been busy getting everything prepared. I hope it goes well.

Before I go, I want to ask a personal favor. I have a very special prayer request on my heart. I'm not going to go into the details here, but God knows just what it is, and if you would just lift up my special request, I would greatly appreciate it. It concerns someone I love very much, and we need God's help in finding some answers to a health problem. Thank you. :)

I hope you have a GREAT weekend! I'm so glad you stopped by today!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. So sorry about your toothache! Just looking at that super cute card HAS to put a smile back on your face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! Funny we used the same line of dp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card Candace--very bright and cheery!!

    I will be lifting up your prayer request!! HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute card -- glad you are better after your "dental trauma" Your smile is now worth more than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh a root canal! I've been lucky and been spared those, never had to have one, feel sorry for you! And that is one bright, cheerful card and yes, I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)