Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Chocolate Makes It All Better...


Do you ever have one of those days when you really just want to eat your favorite comfort food? Today was my day for that. It's been a rough week at school. Wait, who am I kidding? It's been a rough MONTH. I don't think I've ever felt so much pressure to succeed at a job before. I'm not going to lie...it is HARD. I'm not the only one going through this, so I thought my fellow *awesome* English teachers could use a treat.

Normally, when I bake, I love to bake from scratch. Homemade cookies, brownies, cakes, etc...you name it, I love to bake it. I hate using cake mixes unless, of course, I doctor them up. However, because I was pressed for time, and I literally threw this together on a whim, I relied on Mr. Hines...Duncan Hines, that is. He's my go-to guy when life calls for a quick, sweet chocolate fix.

I baked a batch of browniess, packaged them in cello bags and tied a simple tag on. I cut the tags with my Cricut, and I used the Taylored Expressions Bakery Business stamp set. Isn't she cute? That's me, stirring up brownie batter in the kitchen. I colored the image with Copic markers and even added a little pearl for her earring to finish it off. I wish I had more time to make these cuter, but I was rushed. I hope the English gang enjoys them as much as I enjoyed making them!

Thanks for stopping by today! :)

Project Supplies:
Paper: Choice Snow White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Ribbon: Hobby Lobby
Embellishments: pearls (Recollections by Michael's stores)
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh.. so cute! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you could make them much cuter! I love her, I mean, your, earing! Cute touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even a simple sweet treat from you is made even sweeter! Great tag design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)