Friday, March 12, 2010

A Grillin' Birthday


Hi there! Have you missed me? I haven't blogged (or created anything, for that matter) all week long. I think I'm just getting tired and a little stressed...work things.

My students are about to drive me stone batty. I think their sole ambition in life is to make me insane. I found three grey hairs the other day. I'm 23. A wee bit early, ya think? It's not all of them, but there are at least three in each class who make me want to scream. Sometimes, I just have to close my eyes and breathe deeply (and pray, of course...begging God to restrain me from beating them). LOL...I'm kidding! Anyway, as we prepare for the big state test in May, things are just stressful, and I'm feeling it. I've also been tutoring three days a week after school until 5:00, and I'm trying to get back in the habit of going to the gym. It all boils down to the fact that I haven't had the time or the energy to create/blog this week.

Stamping is sure to lift my spirits, and I made a few cards tonight. I was asked to make a masculine birthday card. I really struggle with masculine cards, so I went straight for the Taylored Expressions Boys Will Be Boys stamp set. I bought that set mainly for the golf images, but it has lots of other great manly images in it as well.

I quickly figured out that I am definitely lacking masculine papers. I did happen to have the Cosmo Cricket Get Happy collection in my stash - one of the first paper collections I ever purchased when I started paper-crafting about two years ago. I stamped the image onto Choice White cardstock and colored it in with Copic markers. I stamped, colored, and cut out the flame and steak images. I popped up the steak with foam tape. The sentiment is also from the same stamp set. I added three white brads to finish it off.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Card Supplies:
Stamps: Taylored Expressions Boys Will Be Boys
Paper: Cosmo Cricket Get Happy, Choice White cardstock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: Paper Studio brads, foam tape
Tools: Fiskars Apron Lace punch

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)