Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Anniversary!


Today is a very special day! 25 years ago today, my mama and daddy were married! I am so thankful to have them as my parents. They have been an amazing example of what a marriage should be.

So many people these days take their wedding vows for granted, but my parents have truly honored theirs. Love was never promised to be easy, and they've stuck by each other in good times and in bad.

Aaron and I grew up in a loving home with parents who cared about each other and about us, and that has made all the difference in our lives. I see kids at school who don't have that situation and it's heart-breaking. It makes me so much more thankful for these two people who gave me the greatest gift of all - love.

Daddy asked me to make a card for Mama for him to give to her, and this is what I came up with.

The stamp is the Melody of Love digi set from Sweet n Sassy. I cut it out using Labels Four Nestabilities and inked around the edges with blue Colorbox Chalk Ink. The black paper is from the February Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients. The ribbon is from Walmart. The pearls are from the dollar bin at Michael's. I was still nursing my toothach and wasn't feeling well when I made this, so I didn't feel like coloring in the image. After looking at it, I actually like it uncolored.

I made this card for me and Aaron to give to them. I followed Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #58. The papers are from an older Mosh Posh kit. I *think* they're by My Mind's Eye, but don't hold me to it. I cut out the panels using Classic Squares and Scallopped Squares Nestabilities. I cut out the hearts using my Cricut and popped them up with foam tape. The stamped sentiment is from an older Unity Stamp Company Kit of the Month. I stitched around the edges and finished it off with two Making Memories snaps.

Mama and Daddy, I wish you many more years of love and happiness! I love you! xo
Thanks for stopping by today. :)
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful testimony about your parents, and what a blessing. This card is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely and I'm always so happy to hear stories of a happy marriage! Congratulations to your folks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)