Monday, March 29, 2010

A {H}ippity Hop!


Hi there! It's my first day official day off of Spring Break, and I am already enjoying it! I'm going to savor each day.

I participated in the Unity Friends with Flair blog hop on Friday and that was my first time. I decided to participate in the Ippity Blog Hop today - also my first time! I'm hoping to make this a regular thing because it will help me to use my Unity and Ippity stamps more.

When I saw this stamp set, "Simply Home," I *had* to have it. I grew up with a simple lifestyle, and to me that's what it's all about. I love the *simple* things in life. We actually have chickens here at home, so I wanted to use this chicken on my card.

I have to tell yall what my brother, Aaron, said about this card. He is the resident chicken-guru. He knows everything there is to know about chickens. He told me that the eggs were bigger than the chicken, and the chicken would've needed an epidural to lay those eggs. LOL! That kid cracks me up!

I used Taylored Expressions Sketch #106 for my card. I just love Taylor's sketches! I used October Afternoon Farm Fresh for the papers. I stamped the image and sentiment in Memento Rich Cocoa and inked around the edges with Colorbox Dark Brown Chalk Ink. I cut out the squares with Classic Square Nestabilities and layered them on Choice Buttercream squares cut out with Scallop Square Nestabilities. I inked all of the edges and stitched the gingham panel to the cardstock. I kept my card simple and not fussy because after all, it's the simple things that matter, right?

Be sure and hop over to the Ippity blog to get a list of the participants. Have fun hopping! :)

Card Supplies:
Paper: October Afternoon Farm Fresh, Kraft cardstock, Choice Buttercream
Stamps: Simply Home by Ippity
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Colorbox Dark Brown Chalk Ink
Tools: Classic Square Nestabilities, Scallop Square Nestabilities

Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. ohhh I love your card.. and ur brother is proly right... those do look like big eggs.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ippity card. Your brother is right the eggs are way too big, but the stamp is perfect.
    Glad you decided to join the hop. You have some talent to share....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic, fun card Candace! Love your choice of dp! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candace, your card is far from "simple," it is stunning. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your creations. Enjoy your spring break!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cute!! Love what your brother said - how funny!! Your blog is great ♥ You are a very talented lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love what you've done. That tree is so sweet. Loving the colourful blocks on the bottom too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUPER card--and welcome to the hop! Hope you can join us again!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! I'm cracking up at your brother's comment, I'm not going to be able to use this stamp without thinking of that now, lol! Enjoy the rest of your break.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful! Love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness...this is GORGEOUS!!!! I adore those papers with those stamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love the bright colours on this card, a real standout! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute card! I'm a first grade teacher and on spring break too! :) Enjoy your time off

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! Love that mix of papers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a fabulous card and I sure hope you will be back regularly with us on Hippity Hop days!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)