Saturday, March 6, 2010

Springtime is Coming!

Hi there! Happy Saturday! I made this card for this week's Sweet Stop Sketch #46. My card just screams spring at me! Spring finally feels like it is HERE! It's been cold in the mornings, but it warms up beautifully by lunchtime. I've been opening the windows in my classroom and letting the sunshine in. I can tell that my students have spring fever, too. They've been getting so drowsy with all of the warm sunshine pouring in. I don't blame them. It feels wonderful!

As for this card, I'm usually not very crazy about my own work, but I LOVE this one because it's so springy!

All of the paper and other elments on my card are from the Bloom and Grow Card Kit by Taylored Expressions. I used the Discover Your Wings stamp set for the image. I love that set. It works great on projects all throughout the year.

I used a technique on this card that I haven't used in a long time - heat embossing. Back when I first started making cards, I used to heat emboss everything. It wasn't finished if it wasn't heat embossed. Then, I got more into dry embossing. As I was making this card, I thought that a shiny image would be nice, so I stamped my image in pigment ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I think it turned out nice.

I stitched around the edges of my card. I'm loving stitching these days, thanks to my Janome Sew Mini! I've got some cute fabric and a pattern, and I want to try making me an apron. I'm ready to graduate from sewing on paper to sewing on fabric. I also used my Fiskars Threading Water border punch for the green piece.

Now, hop on over to the Sweet Stop blog and check out the sketch and the awesome inspiration from the Sugar Babies. When you see the sketch, you'll notice that I took a bit of liberty with the sketch. As I was making my card, I realized that I didn't have enough room for the circle element. Oops!

Today, I am participating in my very first craft fair! I have a lot of local requests for my cards and other items. There is a small monthly craft fair in my town, so I decided to try it out. I've been making things the past two weeks to get ready for it. I'll be there all day, and I'll be sure to take lots of pics to share with you. I'm so excited!

Have a great day! Thanks for stopping by! :)

Card Supplies:
Paper: Bloom & Grow by My Mind's Eye, Prism cardstock, Choice Buttercream
Stamps: Discover Your Wings by Taylored Expressions
Embellishments: Kaisercraft pearls, ribbon by Taylored Expressions
Tools: sewing machine, Fiskars Threading Water border punch

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous image and that bow is lovely!! Beautiful card, Candace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card!! I just love your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Candace, I love your bright and spring card. It really makes me smile and I love the image too. The black silhouette image is so dramatic. Love everything about your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card - what a gorgeous bow too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)