Sunday, March 7, 2010

{SSCC #29} Joy!


Good morning! Happy Sunday to you! It's time for this week's Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge. Our lovely and talented hostess this week is Peggy Sue.

Scripture
"Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of Zion, for great is the Holy One of Israel among you." Isaish 12:6

I love this scripture! Even though we may go through bad times in our life, we should always be rejoicing because God is always with us!

Challenge
Make a card or project that shows joy or joyfulness.

I decided to actually use the word "joy" in my card, because I had this stamp from an older Unity Kit of the Month, that sadly, had never been inked up.

I followed an older Mojo Monday sketch. This card came together super fast! The paper is October Afternoon's Farm Fresh. I love that paper line...so cute! Actually, after I made the card and was taking a photo of it, I realized that the flowers in the paper look almost just like the flowers on the tree! I didn't even plan it that way, so it was neat how that worked out. I cut out the circles with my Classic Circle Nestabilities, adhered them down, and then stitched around the edges. I tied my bow at the top, and then popped up the image on foam tape.

Now, hop on over to the SSCC blog and check out the examples from the design team! We'd love to have you play along with us this week. Also, a special thanks to our sponsor, The Town Scrapper, who is donating our prize this week! :)

I did okay at the craft fair yesterday. I was disappointed in the turn-out, but I did sell $100 worth of my stuff, so that's good!

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a GREAT week! :)

Card Supplies:
Paper: Kraft cardstock, Choice Buttercream cardstock, Farm Fresh by October Afternoon
Stamps: Unity Stamp Company
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Ribbon: Offray from Walmart
Tools: sewing machine, Large Classic Circle Nestabilities, Fiskars Threading Water border punch
Other: foam tape

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. And I just finished telling some one that we must praise God even in the hard times, for He will never leave us or forsake His own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, Candice! You do such a good job with those Unity stamps, Sister. Hugs, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candace I love this card, the colors, the image you used. And its funny I ordered three stamps that have the word 'joy' on them after I posted my challenge, I realized they were missing in my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sentiment as a tree is so cute! I love your bright card! It's so awesome and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)