Sunday, March 28, 2010

{SSCC #30) Mount-Up Technique

Hi there! It's a beautiful Sabbath in South Mississippi today, and I truly hope you have had beautiful weather as well today!

We had a wonderful church service this morning. Our pastor preached an inspiring message about how we can say we strongly believe in God, but what really matters is showing that with the way we live our lives.

So many times I say or do things I shouldn't, or I lose my temper with one of my kids at school. That's not exactly the way a Christian should live. I pray every day for strength and grace to have a Christian HEART. Lately, I've realized that this is not MY life to control. It's all His.

God, take my life. Let it be yours. I want you to shine through me. I want to live my life for YOU. Create in me a PURE heart. I don't ever want to be a hinderance to someone. Let me always have a smile on my face and joy in my heart because you love ME. You are like NO other, and I give YOU all the praise.

I'm rather late with my Stampin' Sisters in Christ card today. I usually have it posted before I go to church. I apologize for that, but better late than never, right? :) Kristine Breach is our talented hostess today.

Scripture
"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Isaiah 40 is one of my favorite chapters in the Bible. It's all about how God comforts his people. It's very inspiring, and I read it often when I am feeling down. This particular verse that Kristine chose is very encouraging.

Challenge
Mount up parts of your image in layers.

For my card, I stamped the ladybug image on the Choice Snow White cardstock. Then, I stamped it again, also on Choice Snow White. I colored both images. I cut out the second image (except the antennaes) and popped it up with foam tape on top of the first image. I added black Stickles to the spots. The stamps are from Unity Stamp Company's March Kit the Month (Rockin' It Unity Style), and the papers and ribbon are from Taylored Expressions February Key Ingredients.

Our sponsor this week is Our Daily Bread Designs. They are offering a $15 gift certificate to one random winner. I sure wish I could be in the running for that! I LOVE ODBD stamps! However, there are just waaay too many that I want. I will never forget the first time I ordered from ODBD. I was so impressed with Kelley's customer service. You will love shopping there, too!

Hop on over to the SSCC blog and check out the inspiration from the design team. You will surely be blessed there.

Thanks for stopping by today! :)

Card Supplies:
Paper: Choice Snow White cardstock, Prism cardstock
Stamps: Unity March 2010 KOTM (Rockin' It Unity Style)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics
Ribbon: Taylored Expressions
Accessories: Black Stickles


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Fun card Candace!! I join you in your prayer for a pure heart. Each morning at school we have a very short moment of silent. It is long enough for me to pray, "Lord please let them see more of you and less of me." Hope you have a great week!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet, What a fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute!! Love the red and black!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful card, Candace! I love that ladybug! Have a wonderful Spring Break!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! You used such wonderful colors, red, black and white are always classics. Enjoy your Spring break, hope it is a time of renewal before you have to head back to the classroom.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)