Sunday, March 14, 2010

{SSCC #30} Peace


Good morning! It's time for another Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge! Helen Phelps is our talented hostess this week.
Scripture
"The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace." Psalm 29:11

Challenge
Make a card or project using a peaceful image or a verse about peace.

To me, nothing says peace better than the cross. It's a sign of our Saviour, who is peace himself. It's such an uplifting thought.

For my card today, I used the newly released Easter Key Ingredients from Taylored Expressions, as well as the new Easter Blessings stamp set. This stamp set is sooo beautiful. It has two different crosses to choose from, as well as many inspirational sentiments. I stamped one of the sentiments on the inside of my card.

I stamped the cross in Memento Sweet Plum and Bamboo Leaves. I cut out the image with Classic Oval Nestabilities and matted it on the purple scallop oval, also cut with Nestabilities. I followed an older Taylored Expressions sketch, and I stitched the layers together with my sewing machine. I added some ribbon from the kit and adhered everything to my card base.

Hop over to the SSCC blog and check out the beautiful examples from the design team. Also, remember one random participant has a chance at winning a prize from our sponsor, Whiff of Joy.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Card Supplies:
Paper: Basic Grey Kioshi, Choice Snow White cardstock, Prism cardstock
Stamps: Taylored Expressions Easter Blessings
Ink: Memento Sweet Plum, Memento Bamboo Leaves
Embellishments: ribbon from Taylored Expressions
Tools: Classic Oval Nestabilities, Scallop Oval Nestabilities, sewing machine

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. let me be the first to tell you that your card is beautiful! I love those colors together. You are tight that nothing brings peace like the cross.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This a beautiful card Candace!! Love all the colors together, and I agree with you about the cross bringing peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors of your card are simply gorgeous, Candace. This is so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love your colors and that cross image is wonderful. So peaceful! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is BEAUTIFUL....I love it..hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty layout, and such nice color choices. Always happy to come to your blog and see what you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card and your blog. I don't visit the blogs of the people I see on CPC and I don't know why, because they are wonderful. And your card reminds us what this time of the year is for! Hope your day is great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautifully done and I love all the stitching you did for the details.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)