Sunday, March 21, 2010

{SSCC #31} Clean and Simple

Hi there! Happy Sunday! It's time for another challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ. Ceal Pritchett is our talented hostess this week.

Scripture
"Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Let me hear joy and gladness, let the bones you have crushed rejoice. Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity. Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spririt within me." Psalm 51: 7-10

Challenge
Make a clean and simple card or project.

I LOVE the look of clean and simple cards, but I usually struggle with them. I have no idea why. They should be easy, right? I guess I'm just in the habit of using a lot of layers on my cards. Anyway, I was a little stressed until Ceal shared this link to Clean and Simple Stamping with the design team. Wow...there are such beautiful and simple cards there! I was so inpsired that I even used one of their awesome sketches for my card today. By using the sketch, this card came together very easily...almost too easy. I stamped the silhouette image from Discover Your Wings by Taylored Expressions onto the pink cardstock and used my Fiskars Threading Water border punch on the edge. I stamped the sentiment (from a Unity Stamp Company Kit of the Month) directly onto the Choice Snow White cardstock. I also heat-embossed both the image and the sentiment. I rounded all of the corners and finished it off with some black ribbon before adhering the pink piece to the cardstock.

Be sure to hop over to the SSCC blog and check out the simply beautiful inspiration from the design team. Our sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp, and they'll be donating a prize to one random winner!

Thanks for stopping by today! :)

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. I'm gonna have to get out some shadow stamps I have, Candace. Your card is very dramatic & pretty. I used pink today, too! :) Hugs, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candace a true CAS card IMO! Just a beautifully sweet card to give inspiration this week. I love how the shadow flowers look against the pink.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful Candace. I really love the shadow/sillouette look. Not sure I spelled that right:) Have a super week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I just love SSIC challenges, I should work on this tonight. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful CAS card Candace! love the color (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Candace! This card is a stunner! LOVE those beautiful flowers stamped in black and the pretty pink background makes them POP! Love this :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very gorgeous! I love this syle and you rocked it!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a GORGEOUS card! love it!

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)