Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Day


Sweet 'n Sassy is having Digi Day over at SNR Card Universe! There are some adorable digi stamp prizes up for grabs! There is one prize if you play along by 10 p.m. TONIGHT, and other prize if you play by 10 p.m Monday night. You can click here to check out the challenge and see those cute freebies! I can't wait to create something with them!

I got to play along today, and this is the card I made. I don't have very many people stamps, so I've been trying to add more to my collection. I purchased this cutie, along with some others from the C.C. Designs collection of digi stamps, from All That Scraps.

I goofed when I made this card. Don't you just hate when you get something almost finished and then you mess up? I contribute my goof-up tonight to the fact that I was medicated and not feeling well. I was just about to adhere my colored image to the blue oval, when I accidentally smudged black ink on it! I'm quite the perfectionist when it comes to my creations, so I had to redo it. You can still see a bit of it on the pink cardstock, but I didn't want to redo the whole card, so that mark is there to stay.

I followed Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #63. I did some machine-stitching on this card, popped my image up on foam tape, and used some white glittery ribbon that came from a Taylored Expressions ribbon grab bag. I seriously *love* the grab bags. You get 10 1-yard pieces of high-quality ribbon in all different styles, for only a dollar! It's a very inexpensive way to build up my ribbon stash without breaking the bank. Though, my Mama says I don't need anymore ribbon. LOL!

On a personal note, I am STILL having trouble with my tooth. For those of you that don't know, I had a temporary crown put on two weeks ago. I spent a week in pain before going back to the dentist. He did a root canal. I spent another week in severe pain. I went back today. He did an x-ray and said it looked great. He filed it down some because he said the pain might be due to the bite being "off." He gave me some stronger antibiotics and pain meds, and I am really hoping that does the trick. I came home and took my medicine and went to bed. When I woke up, I felt a LOT better. Please pray that I get back to normal soon. I'm running out of sick days at work!

Thanks for stopping by tonight! :)

Supplies:
Paper: Paper Studio, Taylored Expressions Choice Snow White, October Afternoon Ducks in a Row
Image: C.C. Designs
Embellishements: white brads, Spare Parts by The Paper Studio, White Opal Liquid Pearls
Ribbon: Taylored Expressions
Tools: sewing machine, Classic Oval Nestablities, Scallopped Oval Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Loopy border punch, Copic markers

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - how cute is your stuff?! I love digital scrapbooking and regular scrapbooking (although I never have time to do it these days, it seems). Thanks for dropping by One Porkchop. It's nice to "meet" you - I'll let Niki know you stopped by.

    I added you to my blog roll, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super, super cute!! I love it, so bright and cheerful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)