Friday, March 26, 2010

{Unity} Friends with Flair Friday!

Hi there! I'm participating in Unity Stamp Company's Friends with Flair Friday! This is my first time, so I'm excited about it.

I recently became a Unity Kit Club subscriber, and with your first order as a new subscriber, you get a goodie bag of stamps. This cute little chickie was in my bag, and when I saw it, I just knew I had to ink it up in time for Easter. I'm sorry, but I searched all through the Unity store trying to find the name of it so I could link to it, but I couldn't find it. It must be discontinued.

I used my Taylored Expressions Easter Key Ingredients for this card. All of the papers are BasicGrey Kioshi. I colored the image with Copics, cut it out with Nestabilities, and sponged Memento Cantaloupe on it. This is a technique I've seen a lot lately, and I wanted to try it. However, let's just say that my sponging skills leave a lot to be desired.

I also added some Stickles to the eggs. I matted the image on pink cardstock, cut out with Scallop Circle Nestabilities. I stamped the sentiment - "Happy Spring" from A Year of Sweet Sentiments by Taylored Expressions - directly on the card. I finished it off with two ribbons from the Key Ingredients.

By the way, I think I used a sketch for this card, but I don't remember which one. Oops! LOL!

My spring card is perfectly appropriate. Today is our last day of school before Spring Break! YES! I've mentioned that my students have been driving me crazy. The closer it gets to Spring Break, the wilder they get. Thank you, God, for a vacation! :) I plan on giving this card to a friend at work. I wanted to make some cute little Easter baskets for my co-workers, but I didn't have time, so I just purchased some chocolate bunnies and tied pink bows around them.

I am entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp challenge to make an Easter or Spring card, as well as the Our Daily Bread Designs challenge to make a Spring card.

Be sure and hop over to the Unity blog to see the list of the FWF participants today. Leave 'em some love! Thanks for stopping by!

Card Supplies:
Paper: Basic Grey Kioshi, Couture cardstock, Choice Snow White cardstock
Stamps: chick by Unity Stamp Company, sentiment by Taylored Expressions (A Year of Sweet Sentiments)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Cantaloupe, Copics
Accessories: ribbon by Taylored Expressions, Stickes (Cotton Candy, Baby Blue, and Lavender)
Tools: Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities

Photobucket

29 comments:

  1. So pretty Candace! Welcome to FWF!Hope you'll continue to play! Your work is beautiful! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super duper cute!!! Welcome to FWF....you are gonna love it!!! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun! Great use of the chick! I have a giveaway for some Unity verse stamps on my blog if you want to check it out! http://scrapsfrommytable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeoous.. so happy u joined us! xo bonnierose.. isn't the KOTM fabulous?? I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! And you will LOVE your Unity kits...I know I always do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning Easter card Candace!! I just love your cheery colors and the image!! The dp is perfect!! Cute chick!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally sweet! Love that image and beautiful card you've made!!

    Happy Friday,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card!!! Welcome to the Friends with Flair!! Great job I think your sponging rocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, so cute! Welcome to the Unity Hop family and the KOTM family! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CUTE! Love this image w/ this paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ho your card so fun of live and fun times. so full of hope. I thinks it pretty. see all the cards everyone has made is like my rainbow of hope. Thanks for rainbows of cheer and love. God know. I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice! Love those bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Candace! It's my first FWF also. Isn't it fun? I love that little chickie you used. Awesome blog header BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how pretty, such pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So bright & cheerful!!
    Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So springy & colorful! Awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome, I hope you'll continue to join in!
    Love the colors here, so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What pretty colors. I love your cheerful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! Love that bird with your paper! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card! Love the colours and the image!:)

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge!

    Hugs, Tímea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)