Monday, April 26, 2010

A Card Fit for a Princess

Hi there! Today, I have a very girly card to share with you. I was asked to make a card for a little girl who loves pink and princess stuff. I knew I was going to have a lot of fun with this one. I struggle with cards for boys, but girly is my thing!

This adorable digi image is "Cinderella" from Pixie Dust Studio. I printed her out on Choice Snow White cardstock and colored her with Copics. I cut out the image with Classic Oval Nestabilities and sponged around the edges with Memento Cataloupe. I added Cotton Candy Stickles to the edge of her ball gown and her headband, and coated her bodice and the bottom of the dress with Shimmerz Angel Wings for a subtle, sparkly effect. I also added two pearls for her earrings.

All of the papers are from October Afternoon Ducks in a Row. I finished the card off with a white grosgrain bow and three white brads.

I usually just put a white piece of cardstock on the inside of my cards and leave them blank. However, I wanted to put something special on the inside of this one. I looked up "princess card sentiments" online, and I found this sweet sentiment - "Wishing you a birthday that makes all your sweet dreams come true - with magical moments, surprises and laughter, and smiles in your heart to keep ever after! Happy Birthday, Princess!"

I sure hope this little girl loves this card as much as I loved making it.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Sew Many Cards - anything goes
Penny's Challenges - anything goes
Raise the Bar Challenge - Color Me Happy (My favorite color is pink).
Hand Full of Stamps - use at least 2 different patterned papers

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a sparkly day! :)

Card Supplies:
Cardstock: American Crafts, Choice Snow White
Paper: October Afternoon Ducks in a Row
Stamps: Cinderella by Pixie Dust Studio
Ink: Memento Cantaloupe
Accessories: white brads (The Paper Studio), ribbon (Offray), pearls (Recollections by Michael's), Cotton Candy Stickles, Shimmerz Angel Wings
Tools: Classic Oval Nestabilities, Scallop Oval Nestabilities

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Too cute, Candace! Your dp's are fun and that is an adorable Cinderella! And your sentiment is perfect! Love it!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candace this is adorable!!! I sure do know a little princess who would go bonkers over this one! Great sentiment too!! She will love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! The little girl is going to love it.

    Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)