Sunday, April 4, 2010

{SSCC #33} John 3:16 - Love


Good morning! Happy Easter to you! Isn't it a glorious day?! He is Risen!

Kathy Winter is our awesome hostess this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges.

Scripture
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

I don't think there is any other verse in the Bible that portrays LOVE as much as this one does. God GAVE his ONLY Son, so that we might LIVE with HIM...FOREVER. I just don't know how he gave up his Son. I can't even imagine what his heart must have felt like, but I'm so thankful that he did. Thank you, God, for your Son. This verse also shows the true meaning of Easter, that Christ died on the cross for our sins, and was resurrected. It all happened because of love...a love so powerful that we can't even comprehend it.

Challenge
Somewhere on your project have the word "love" or something that symbolizes love to you.

I followed the Taylored Expressions Sketch #107 for my card today, and I used the February Key Ingredients. That adorable digi image is from our sponsor, Inktegrity. I colored it with Copic markers, and added some white highlights with my gel pen, Diamond Glaze to the windows, and Crystal Stickles to the hearts. I cut it out with Classic Circle Nestabilities and layered it on a pink scallop circle. I added the row of buttons to finish it off. This was a really easy sketch, one that I'd definitely use again.

Hop on over to the SSCC blog to see the inspiration from the design team. This is also the first week for our new DT members, Chris, Grace, and Linda, so give them a warm welcome! Remember, one random winner will be winning a $10 gift certificate to Inktegrity! Be sure and check out Joni's shop. Not only does she have great images, but she has awesome customer service, and she's super sweet! I'm sure you'll find something you like!

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Have a happy and blessed Easter with your family.

Card Ingredients:
Paper: Making Memories patterned paper, Choice Snow White cardstock, Prism cardstock
Stamps: To My Lovebug digi image by Inktegrity
Ink: Copic markers, Signo white gel pen
Embellishments: buttons from February Key Ingredients
Tools: Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities
Other: Diamond Glaze

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Oh how cute! Adorable image Candace! I love the fun colors, the dots and buttons! Happy Easter! I'm so excited to be linking arms with you my stampin sister in Christ!!! Have a blessed Easter day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Candace, thank you for making me feel so welcome on the SSCC DT!! I love this card of yours - that shiny car is too cute, your colours are perfect and the DP just right - the buttons are such a great touch too Candace!! Well done! Happy Easter to you and your family! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how sweet Candace!!! Love your little love bug!! Great colors and design!! The buttons are the perfect touch!! I am excited to be part of the SSCC with you!! Have a blessed Easter!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a cute card!!! I love all those buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a cute card Candace!! I love the dp and image is adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your LoveBug turned out so cute, bright, and cheery. Hope you are having a great Easter week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That little love bug is so cute! Great colors! And I looked at the posts above too, the little home sweet home with the Scrabble tiles? Eeek! What a great idea! And your crafty space, how special! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)