Sunday, April 11, 2010

{SSCC #34} Prayer and Peace

Hi there! Happy Sunday! It's time for this week's Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge. The sweet and lovely Lisa Hjulberg is our hostess this week. She never ceases to "wow" me with her creations, and this week she has a great challenge for us.

Scripture
"Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:4-7

Challenge
Make a card/project about prayer and/or peace.

There is so much in this verse. I could write a whole post on it, and it would probably be a big, jumbled-up mixture of my thoughts. However, I will just say that as a sinner, I find myself being anxious all of the time. The Miss Independent in me wants to take care of everything on my own, when God wants to take care of it all for me. I've been praying over some decisions in my life, and I'm really trying hard to give it all to Him. My prayer is that I will accept His plan for me, regardless of if it's what I want or not, because I know that He knows what is best for me. When you pray for God to be in control of your life, you receive peace through Him. The verse says that the "peace of God surpasses all understanding."As humans we cannot even comprehend how amazing His peace is. It's quite amazing.

I followed an older PageMaps card sketch for my card, and used papers from the Cosmo Cricket Ever After line. The scripture sentiment is Scripture Collection 4 from Our Daily Bread Designs. I stamped it on Choice Buttercream cardstock with Memento Rich Cocoa. I cut it out with Circle Nestabilities, sponged Memento Cantaloupe around it, and layered it on a circle cut out with Scallop Circle Nestabilities. I added a bow with some coordinating Ever After ribbon, and a pearl in each corner to finish off my card. I really like how this came out, and I would definitely want to try this sketch again.

I always look forward to Sundays because I receive a blessing from seeing the beautiful creations that the design team and our players make. This week, the design team definitely didn't let me down. There are some *gorgeous* creations. Pop on over to the SSCC blog and check them out!

Also, Simon Says Stamp is our sponsor this week. They are so generous to sponsor us once a month and donate a prize to one random winner! We are so thankful for Simon Says Stamp, and all of our sponsors!

On a personal note, I was eligible for an upgrade on my phone, so I got a new cell phone - the Samsung Rogue. I'm moving up in the world...it has the Internet on it! I'm still trying to figure everything out. I'm so behind the times, I guess. LOL! So far, it's pretty neat, and I love it!

Thanks for stopping by today! :)

Card Supplies:
Cardstock: Choice Buttercream cardstock, American Crafts cardstock
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket Ever After

Stamps: Scripture Collection 4 (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Memento Cantaloupe
Ribbon: Cosmo Cricket Ever After
Embellishments: pearls (Recollections by Michael's stores)
Tools: Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Bow Easy
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Hi Candace, this is fabulous! I love those DP's and the scripture you have used - it all works together so beautifully! Thanks for sharing too, it is always great to hear from someone's heart! God bless you Candace!! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done Candace! I used this verse too! How could I NOT? It was perfect and it was the verse I submitted for the set to boot... so glad to see it being used! Blessings on your week Candace! Love this lovely card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 432Wonderful card Candace. Great layout and love the colors:) Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candace this is so beautiful, love the layout and colors! And yes, I am Miss Independent as well, always pushing ahead of the Lord to do it myself and then missing out on the blessing of His peace. Thanks for your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candace this is one of my favorite so far, that is!! Great colors, design and love that verse!! Have a great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new blog..and congrats on the new phone.. u are gonna love hving the internet on ur phone.. I love my Blackberry! hugs xo bonnierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Candace!! Love your choice of dp and the squares!! Love your verse...great minds think alike LOL! No seriously it is such a comforting verse!! Congrats on being featured at SNR!

    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is beautiful Candace!! I just love your blog. You always inspire me to be creative!! Blessings and Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Candace!! Love the papers and of course the Scripture is wonderful!
    Just keep in mind that HIS PLANS for you are always so much better than what you can even imagine! Keep your eyes on Jesus!

    PS I'm due for a new phone, too. It's getting to the point my kids are making fun of me 'cause it's so outdated!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Candace. I am loving the design paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, Candace. Love the soft edging around the words.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woo hoo Candace!! Congrats on having your card featured on the ODBD blog today for the customer of the day!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)