Sunday, April 18, 2010

{SSCC #35} Flowers


Hi there! Happy Sunday! I am your hostess for this week's Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge.

Scripture
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever.” Isaiah 40:8

This is one of my most favorite scriptures. It makes me think of the seasons. When winter comes, the grass withers. The flowers die. The leaves fall from the trees until they are bare. However, winter brings a promise that spring will come, and with it will come new life in the form of green grass and beautiful flowers. Our nation seems to turn more away from God every day. It's like winter. It is more important now than ever that we stand for what we believe, and that we stand for Him. No matter how rough things may seem, it is sweet assurance to have the blessed promise that the word of God will stand FOREVER. No one can change it, and no one can ever take it away. We also have the promise of new life, just like spring, except our new life will be eternally with Him. This spring, as I see flowers blooming everywhere, I am reminded of the beauty of our God, and his promises. I pray that you will be comforted by this verse as much as I am today.


Challenge
Make a card or project with flowers on it.

I followed Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #109 for my card. This was a really fun and simple sketch to work with. The sweet and fabulous Jodi Collins sent me these beautiful crocheted flowers that her mother makes. She sent me lots of different colors, so I picked a few of the brightest ones to go on my card. I cut out the circles from Choice Snow White cardstock using Classic Circle Nestabilities. I embossed them with my Victoria Cuttlebug embossing folder (even though you can't tell). I layered the flowers on top with a button on each one. I also embossed the yellow cardstock with my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder, but again, you can't tell in this photo. I need some photography tips.

The sentiment is from A Year of Sweet Sentiments by Taylored Expressions. It was the perfect sentiment for this card. I added some Tiny Twinkles and pom-pom trim to finish it off. Super easy!

This card also fits the following challenges:
Pile it On - No stamped images, only sentiments and embellishments
Stamp Something - Something Layered (I layered the buttons, flowers, and white circles.)
Cute Card Thursday - Touchy Feely
Crafty Ann's Challenge - Let the sunshine in (Sunshine makes flowers!)
Little Red Wagon - dry embossing
Penny's Challenges - anything goes

Hop over to the SSCC blog to check out the beautiful inspiration from the design team. Also, there's a chance to win a $15 gift certificate from our sponsor, Michelle Perkett! You can check out her Etsy shop here. She has some beautiful digis!

Thanks for stopping by today! :)

Card Supplies: I am not listing my card supplies today, because honestly, I don't know where that paper came from. Haha! It was just in my stash, and I don't know the brands. The other products I used are mentioned above.

Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. Candace this is so pretty! I love the crocheted flowers and the fun cheery colors!!! Awesome verse this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Candace, thanks for the great challenge today my friend! I love the scripture you chose and the inspiration you got from it!! Gorgeous bright colours and those flowers are divine!! Thanks for sharing my friend!! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Candace and thank you for a great challenge this week. I am a flower lover so this one fits me to a T! Your card is so fresh and cute and those flowers are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a bright and cheery card Candace. I love the crocheted flowers. I'm gonna have to learn how to make those one of these days:) Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Candace and a great take on our challenge at Crafty Ann's - thank you for joining us.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the verse you chose Candace!! A great reminder when so many are going through tough times and to know God is there.

    Great challenge too!!

    I just love all the texture on your card with the crocheted flowers and trim!! Beautiful!
    hugs,
    Chris

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card. I love the crocheted flowers. Very bright and cheery. Thanks for helping us "let the sunshine in" this week at Crafty Ann's. Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely..I love those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo hoo! Great take on the TESC sketch and I LOVE those crocheted flowers! Thanks for a fun challenge this week... flowers are my favorite...and the scripture inspiration resonates with me.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Candace what great thoughts and so true! A fabulous verse to select for this week, truly inspiring. And such a cute project, theose flowers are so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet card, Candace! And my goodness look at all the challenges you've done in one card!! I'm impressed ;-) You rock!!
    Thanks for sharing such a timely word with us too, great choice!! Those are such cute flowers, I must know someone close who crochets!!
    Hey, loving the music here! MercyMe is one of my favs (How Great is Your Love - love this one for sure, I figured out the chords to it and love to worship in song, just me and the KING!!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh... I love the flowers! Thanks for playing along with Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want those flowers.......they are amazing. Thanks for playing along with us at LRW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful, vibrant card Candace, your little crocheted flowers are so sweet.
    Thanks for joining in with Crafty Ann's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Candice,
    What a super cute and cheery card! I love the bright flowers, they make me feel happy!
    hugs
    Risa:)
    p.s. Congratulations and welcome aboard to KLSNS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Candace this is beautiful I love those flowers and the bright sunshine colours a wonderful creation thank you for sharing this with us at Crafty Ann's
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Candace, Just stopping by to say Hi and welcome to the team! Your blog is gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing more:)
    Jacilynn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Candace, this is one bright and cheery card. I love the use of textiles on cards. Thank you for joining in with Crafty Ann's Challenge this fortnight and we hope to see you again very soon. Best wishes, Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is beautiful!
    Thanks for joining us on CCT this week :D
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card. I really like the crochet flowers and really fits the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is gorgeous and a great interpretation on Crafty Anns Challenge.
    Thanks for joining in.
    Hugs Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great Scripture you chose and love those crocheted flowers and sunny colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)