Sunday, April 25, 2010

SSCC 36 - Mother's Day Card


Hi there! It's time for another challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges! The lovely and talented Randi Barrett is our hostess this week.

Our sponsor is Softpencil Digi Stamps. Elizabeth Pujalka, the owner, is generously donating a $15 gift certificate to one random winner of this week's challenge. Thank you so much, Elizabeth! Be sure you check out her *cute* digi images! This one is one of my favorites...a cute little girl on a cupcake!

Scripture
"Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee." Exodus 20:12

I am so thankful for the way my parents raised me. I am the person I am today because of them. The older I get, the more I realize how truly blessed I am to have a loving family, and to have parents who taught me about God and about making the right decisions in life. I'm even thankful for when they chastised me when I did wrong. Because of that, I am sound in my morals and my faith.

Challenge
Make a Mother's Day card for your mom or someone special that you would like to honor this Mother's Day.

For my card I chose to use the Special Lady digi stamp from Sweet n Sassy Stamps. You will notice that my image has "Grandmother" on it. I didn't purchase it that way. That's what I love about digi stamps. You can alter them any way you want! As I started putting my card together, I realized I didn't know where to put a sentiment. I contemplated just leaving it without one on the front, but then I decided to tweak my image to simply say "Grandmother." After coloring the image with Copics, I cut it out with Clasic Rectangle Nestabilities and layered it on the blue cardstock, which was cut out with Scallop Rectangle Nestabilities.

I followed an older Sweet Stop Sketch for my card. The sketch was originally for a round card, but I made it work for this layout. All of the papers, ribbon, and flowers are from the Taylored Expressions Easter Key Ingredients. I've definitely gotten a lot of use out of that kit. The papers are so beautiful! I added three white brads to finish off my card. Oh, I also gave the perfume bottle a thin coat of paper glaze!

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Our Daily Bread Designs - make a Mother's Day card
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge - lots of flowers (There are flowers in my image as well as ones I added to my card.)
Paper Cutz Challenge - make a Mother's Day card using a digi image
Our Creative Corner - use blooming blossoms on your card
Practical Scrappers - ribbon
Sew Many Cards - anything goes
S2G Challenges - use flowers
Alota Rubber Stamps Challenges - Mother's Day card
Die Cits R Us -  anything earthy (I used flowers.)
Penny's Challenges - anything goes
Hand Full of Stamps - use at least 2 different patterned papers

Be sure to hop over to the SSCC blog to check out the inspiration from the design team: Chris Olsen, Grace Nywening, Kathy Winter, Kristine Breach, Linda Lucas, Lisa Hjulberg, Peggysue Turner, and Randi Barrett.
These ladies continue to blow me away every week with their talent.

Thanks for stopping by today! :)

Card Supplies:
Cardstock: Couture, Choice Snow White
Patterned Paper: BasicGrey Kioshi
Stamps: Special Lady digi image by Sweet n Sassy Stamps
Accessories: ribbon and flowers (Taylored Expressions Easter Key Ingredients), white brads (The Paper Studio), Copic markers
Tools: Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Scallop Rectangle Nestabilities, Fiskars Threading Water border punch
Other: Aleene's Paper Glaze

Photobucket

32 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Candace!! I just love your vibrant colors and gorgeous image!! Such a beautiful Mother's day card. Awesome take on Randi's challenge this week. Thanks for joining us at ODBD Shining the Light Challenge as well!!
    Have a blessed Sunday!

    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Candace what a cute image and your Grandmother will love this!!! Your coloring is awesome! Perfect take on the challenge and I loved your words about your own upbringing... how blessed you have been!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Candace! Love that perfect bow and stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful!!! Love the little flowers you added to the corners of the image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very CUTE Candace!! Your colors are so pretty and bright. Digis are awesome *Ü* Have a lovely Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty green ribbon. Thank you for joining this weeks Practical Scrappers challenge.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Candace, we are thankful for your parents, also as they have indeed a beautiful daughter who is sound in her faith. You card is gorgeous and and great job on the challenges......have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Candace!!! Love your coloring!!!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Sew Many Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is very lovely! I love the colors and all of those flowers are wonderful! What a sweet Grandmother card!
    Thank you for joining us for this weeks "Sew Many Cards Challenge“! I look forward to seeing more of your SUPER FABULOUS crafty works in the future! I invite you to hop on over and celebrate my DT positions with me by entering in my candy giveaway! Ends May 17th!
    HUGS
    Rach ~ Queen La Rubba

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card Candace. The image is perfect for Mother's Day, and your coloring is terrific and so is the dp. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for joining us on SMC challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Candace this is so bright and cheery, what a lovely Mother's Day card, and a great tribute up above to your parents. Both sides are winners in this case I would say, you and your folks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a fun card! I so love the colors!
    Thanks for plying with us at sMC Challenges!
    Hugs,
    Margie

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a lovely card. love the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This one is BEAUTIFUL, too! Love your style! Thanks for sharing with us at SMC!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, Candace!! Love the BG papers. Thanks for sharing with Die Cuts R Us!
    Cara DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colors! Thanks so much for joining us for Twisted Thursday at Shirley's 2 Girls!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Candace this is so pretty with all the right colors. What a sweet image, and I love that it's for a grandmother as they truly are important role models in our lives! Thanks for joining us twice at DCRU this week!
    ~*Joni DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a pretty card. I just love those Kioshi papers. You put it together so well. Glad to have you at DCRU for our challenge.

    Smiles!
    Gwen DTC@DCRU

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE your card, Candace! It's such a wonderful image, and you've used some of my favorite DP and colors!

    I'm glad you are one of the lucky ones to have awesome parents. That's the way it should be! You are blessed!!!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    P.S. Congrats for making it onto Ella's Pink Scrapbook DT!!! We'll be working together again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved reading your post, I am sure your parents are proud (in a good way) of the woman you have become.

    The card is wonderful. The paper is so pretty, I had to look closer. It appeared to me like you covered the half of card with flowers, LOL

    Hugs, your sister in Christ

    Thank you for sharing it with us this week at Sew Many Cards Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  22. How bright! Im sure your gramma will love it. Thanks for playing along on PCC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my what a wonderful colourful card love it thank you for joining our challenge at SMC this week.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very cute! I love your spring dp and the placement of the bow, as well as it's lovely green color! It's a wonderful Mother's Day card for Grandma!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  25. So cute, thanks for playing with us this week at Sew Many Challenges. Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely card-wonderful colors! Thank you for joining us at Shirleys2Girls for Twisted Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love it, fab creation. Thanks for playing along at SMC

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Candace - this is so cute - your Grandmother will love it! Your choice of DP is perfect and that bow such a pretty touch! Candace, your parents must be so proud of you, I am sure God is too - what a fabulous testimony of the keeping power of God, one that you will be able to impart to future generations! Thansk for sharing! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  29. So pretty! Love the colors and image! Thanks for joining us at S2G this week!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card. Thanks for entering the Alota Rubber Stamps Mother's Day challenge

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love all the flowers and the colours are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)