Saturday, April 10, 2010

{Sweet Stop} Fear the Lord!


Good morning! I am so happy it is Saturday! It was quite a long week at work. I actually woke up at 6 a.m. this morning and freaked out because I thought I overslept. Then, I realized it was Saturday. That is a wonderful feeling! Unfortunately, I couldn't go back to sleep, but at least I don't have to go to work.

Here is my card for today's Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge. I used some Memory Box Frond papers that I purchased from Our Daily Bread Designs. This beautiful scripture stamp is from Scripture Collection 3, also from ODBD. I love their stamps...so many beautiful faith-based ones. I wish I could have them ALL! :)

I cut out the sentiment with Rectangle Nestabilities and layered it on the purple piece cut with Scallop Rectangle Nestabilities. The purple crocheted flower is from an Etsy shop. I ordered some crocheted flowers, and when they came in they were smaller than I had hoped, but it worked perfect for this card. I stitched around the edges and added a white brad in each corner to finish the card off.

Before I go, I want to thank all of you for my *sweet* birthday wishes this week, and a special thanks to the SSCC gang for throwing me a birthday party blog hop! I felt so special! Thank you!! :)

Thanks for stopping by today!

Card Supplies:
Cardstock: Couture, Choice Snow White
Patterned Paper: Memory Box Frond
Stamps: Scripture Collection 3 by Our Daily Bread Designs
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: brads (The Paper Studio), crocheted flower (Etsy), ribbon (Offray)
Tools: sewing machine, Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Scallop Rectangle Nestabilities


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Candace! Love the colors and the simplicity of it! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card Candace. I love the dp and the crotched flower is so pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card - love the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Candace, I love your card, beautiful soft colours! Have a nice Sunday!

    Hugs,
    Renata

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Candace...love you card. I was wondering...do you use a craft sewing machine to sew on cs or just your regular machine? I love the look of sewing on cards, but haven't wanted to ruin my machine & have no idea which crafty machine is good. Any advice? Thanks, Laurie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)