Saturday, April 3, 2010

{Sweet Stop} He is Risen!


Happy Saturday, y'all! This is my card for this week's Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge.

This was a super simple sketch. In fact, I made two cards with it. I just forgot to take a picture of the other one before I gave it away. Oops. Anyway, for this one I used the Taylored Expressions Easter Blessings set. It is such a beautiful set that captures the true meaning of Easter. He is risen...three small words that hold so much promise.

All of my card elements, including these beautiful BasicGrey Kioshi papers, are from the Easter Key Ingredients. I stamped the cross from the set in Memento Lulu Lavender. Then, I stamped the sentiment over the cross in Memento Tuxedo Black. I cut it out with Classic Oval Nestabilities and layered it on the yellow piece that was cut out with Scallop Oval Nestabilities. I stitched around all of the edges, and added a pink border trim from my Fiskars Apron Lace border punch, as well as some twill ribbon to finish it off.

Hop over to the Sweet Stop blog to see the inspiration from the Sugar Babies. The new members of the design team will have their big debut today, too! Make sure you pop over to their blogs and give them a warm welcome.

On a personal note - I saw The Last Song last night with a friend. I was worried I wouldn't like it because I'm not that fond of Miley Cyrus, but I LOVED it. Go see it and take your tissues! :)

Card Supplies:
Paper: BasicGrey Kioshi, Choice Snow White cardstock, Couture cardstock
Stamps: Easter Blessings by Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Lulu Lavender
Ribbon: Taylored Expressions
Tools: sewing machine, Fiskars Apron Lace border punch, Classic Oval Nestabilities, Scallop Oval Nestabilities

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Candace.
    Love the colors used and the papers. Everything goes perfectly together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candace, this card is lovely. It's so elegant and simple - you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Candace - Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Happy Easter Candace - I hope you and your family have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card!! Have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card all around! So springy! Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)