Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Birthday Party Blog Hop!

Hi there! Today is a very special day! It's my SSCC design team sister, Peggysue Turner's, birthday!! Peggysue is so sweet, and I'm so glad to be able to call her my friend. Not only are the Stampin' Sisters in Christ ladies wonderful Christian women, but they sure do know how to throw a good birthday party! :)

You should've hopped here from the SSCC blog. If you get lost along the hop, just go back there and start over.

A birthday party just wouldn't be complete without balloons, so I brought some to the party.


Peggysue loves roses. In fact, the title of her blog is Roses by My Window. When searching for a photo of some pink roses, I found a blog that listed the meanings behind the colors of roses. I am going to share what they said about pink because I don't think you can describe Peggysue any better than this -
"Pink roses symbolizes grace and elegance. It is often used as an expression of admiration. Pink roses can also express appreciation and joyfulness."
This meaning is so true. I admire each of my SSCC design team sisters, so pink roses are pefect to express my admiration and appreciation, as well as my JOY in their friendship. Peggysue, here are some beautiful pink roses, just for you, a beautiful woman of grace and elegance.


I also made Peggysue a birthday card. I mailed it yesterday, so I'm sure she hasn't received it yet, but hopefully she will get it soon!


For the card, I embossed a piece of Choice Snow White cardstock with my Houndstooth Cuttlebug embossing folder. I also embossed the pink piece with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. The embossing didn't show up very well. I so need a light box! I actually take all my pictures of my cards on the stove. Haha! Those cute cupcakes are felt stickers by Martha Stewart. I stamped "Happy Birthday" from Bakery Business by Taylored Expressions. I added a two chocolate brads in each corner and a double ribbon to finish it offf. I hope you love it, Peggysue!

Your next stop on the birthday party blog hop is Kathy. Hop on over to her blog to see what she brought to the party. Also, don't forget to stop by and wish Peggysue a happy birthday!

Thanks for stopping by today! :)

Card Supplies:
Paper: American Crafts cardstock, Choice Snow White cardstock
Stamps: Bakery Business by Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: cupcake stickers (Martha Stewart), brads (The Paper Studio), ribbon (Offray)
Tools: Cuttlebug, Houndstooth embossing folder, Swiss Dots embossing folder

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Now what a pretty place this is!!!! Love the PINK balloons and the gorgeous PINK roses! Peggysue will be so happy!!! Your card is just as pretty as can be!!! Fun happy colors, adorable cupcake images and great paper piecing!!! Great party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Candace!! I love the roses. Gorgeous Bouquet. The card you created looks so yummy with the cupcakes. Peggy Sue will love it! Have a great day!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gifts are gorgeous!!!! Love the rose bouquet. Darling card which she will love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that card!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice roses - smell good too! I love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little birthday card with the cupcakes is so pretty. I especially love the double ribbons in the bow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how sweet, thank you for your kind words (although paint on my fingernails would describe me better than grace nowadays) and the roses! And such a cute birthday card, I will look forward eagerly to a happy mailbox with that inside. I do appreciate our friendship, you are a special person to me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. From one Ms. girl to another, the roses are beauitful. And it was so thoughtful to take the time to research the color meaning. The card is very sweet also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card!! I like what you found out about pink roses and I would love to know what site you found that infor. on. With Mother's Day coming up I could use that in a Mother's Day Program.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)