Friday, May 28, 2010

Christian Paper Crafts Fun on Friday

Hi there! Happy Friday! It is a glorious Friday for me because today is our LAST day of school! The students' last day was yesterday and today is a teacher workday. Yay!! :)

I have an exciting announcement to make today. I was asked to be on the Design Team for Christian Paper Crafts and also to be a hostess for the weekly Fun on Friday Challenge. I gladly accepted! I just love the whole CPC community. Everyone there is so positive and uplifting, and there are fun challenges all week long. If you haven't checked out the CPC community yet, I highly encourage you to do so!

Since today is Friday, it's time for the Fun on Friday challenge. Cindy Coutts came up with this week's challenge and my challenges start in June. Cindy's challenge is a 1, 2, 3 challenge: 1 stamp set, 2 types of embellishments, and 3 papers (solid, designer, or a mixture). Neutral colors are "free."

I love card recipes because they really do challenge me, and I'm always up for a good challenge.

I followed an older Taylored Expressions sketch for my card, and all of my card elements came from the Taylored Expressions December 2009 Key Ingredients. These fun-colored papers are from the My Mind's Eye Ooh La La collection. I stamped this cupcake stand from the Following My Heart August 2009 Kit of the Month by Unity Stamp Company in Memento Tuxedo Black and cut it out with Small Classic Square Nestabilities. I ran the pink paper through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder, and finished the card off with three Pebbles candy dots and a fun lime polka dot bow.

I hope you'll play along with us this week in the Fun on Friday Challenge! Remember to use keyword FOF55 when uploading to the CPC gallery and CPCFOF55 when uploading to other galleries. The best part about CPC challenges is that there are no deadlines! We'd love to see your creations anytime, so even if you don't get it finished in a week, you can still play along! :)

Have a blessed day!

Supplies:
Paper: Ooh La La by My Mind's Eye, Choice Buttercream cardstock, Prism cardstock
Stamps: Following My Heart Kit of the Month by Unity Stamp Company
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic markers, Raspberry Candy Dots (Pebbles), ribbon (Taylored Expressions), foam tape
Tools: Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder, Cuttlebug, Small Classic Square Nestabilities

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. fabulous card!! Congrats on making the PCP DT!! I know you'll do a wonderful job!! Blessings and Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)