Tuesday, May 25, 2010

In the Christmas Spirit...


Hi there! I have a Christmas card to share with you today. I am so proud of myself for starting these early this year, but not so proud of the fact that I've only created two. Ha! Hopefully I will complete my goal of getting one-a-week made this summer. Speaking of summer, there are only two more days with the students left! Yay!! The end is in sight. I can almost reach out and grab it. :)

I followed an older Sweet Sunday Sketch for my card. The papers are  from the SEI Christmas Mint collection. I stamped the verse, Luke 2:11 from Christmas Blessings by Taylored Expressions, onto Choice Buttercream. I did a straight-stitch around the edges, and added a grosgrain bow and three white brads to finish it off. Super easy! I should've made two!

This card is for Sparkle's Christmas Card Challenge to use a sentiment only and also for the Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge to use a sentiment only.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Card Supplies:
Paper: Christmas Mint by SEI, Choice Butercream, Prism cardstock
Stamps: Christmas Blessings by Taylored Expressions
Accessories: ribbon (Papertrey Ink), brads (The Paper Studio)
Tools: sewing machine

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with this weeks Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candace, that is so pretty! I love the font on the Scripture. I sure like the TE stamps, haven't purchased any yet, only drooled over them (ha!) When my family asks what I'd like for my bday I think that's going on the top of my list! Of course I'd have to actually make a list! :-) Schools almost out!!! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful Candace! I just love your choice of dp!! The layout is simply elegant!! Great job focusing on that sentiment. Thanks for joining us at ODBD Shining the Light Challenge.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Candace: I really like your card today. Lvoe the stitching...speaking of which, I got my Sew Mini a couple weeks ago. Do you have any advice for me on getting it to work right? When I try the zigzag stitch, it doesnt look right. Well, it looks right on the wrong side! My computer crashed so I dont have your email available right now....sorry for the long comment. I'd appreciate any help you might have. Thanks, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Candace this is stunning and congrats on getting on your Christmas cards so early! I love your dps!!! Love the sewing! Awesome card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Candace, this is a lovely Christmas card, great sentiment, beautiful font and such a CAS layout. Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Candace this looks wonderful. I need to look into some Christmas sentiments and get on the move. I joined the Christmas Card Challenge on SCS last December and haven't made a single one yet! :) Good for you for getting started.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)